Robin Curtis, 2000
June 15, 1956 |
New York Mills, New York, U.S.
|Occupation||Actress, real estate broker|
|Years active||Acting: 1981–1999|
Robin Curtis (born June 15, 1956) is an American actress, most notable for taking over the role of Vulcan Lieutenant Saavik from Kirstie Alley in Star Trek III: The Search for Spock and Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home.
Life and career
Film and television work
Although her first appearance as 'Saavik' in Star Trek III: The Search for Spock was promoted as being her film debut, in fact Curtis had already made several film and made-for-television movie appearances. Her portrayal however brought mixed reviews by Trek fans. This was followed by a brief second appearance as Lieutenant Saavik in Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home.
She co-starred in the 1983 episode "Short Notice" during the first season of the Knight Rider television series. In 1991, she portrayed 'Carol Pulaski' on the soap opera General Hospital. In 1993, Curtis played an unrelated Vulcan character ('Tallera/T'Paal') in the two-part episode of Star Trek: The Next Generation "Gambit". In the Babylon 5 episode "Deathwalker" (1994), she appeared as Abbai Ambassador Kalika. She appeared in the other series Dream On, Herman's Head, Night Court, MacGyver, Johnny Bago, and The Equalizer.
Other film work includes Hexed, Ghost Story, Shootdown, In Love with an Older Woman, A White Thread, A Black Thread, and LBJ - The Early Years in which she played the role of Jacqueline Kennedy.
Stage and commercial work
Curtis has numerous stage credits in regional and national theatre, including Gyspy, Applause, Oliver!, ...And Other Songs in New York. She performed in The City Suite Off Broadway and in Garden in Los Angeles. Other work includes The Nerd, The Man of La Mancha, and George Bernard Shaw's The Apple Tree.
While she hit the convention circuit hard in the mid-1990s, currently she only makes semi-frequent appearances at Star Trek conventions throughout the world.
Since 2004, Curtis has worked successfully as a residential real estate agent in Manilus, NY in addition to her acting career. In mid-2005, she debuted her one-woman show, a work-in-progress, Not My Bra, You Don't! - The Sexual Odyssey of a Forty-Nine Year Old Woman."
- Star Trek III: The Search for Spock (1984) as Lieutenant Saavik
- MacGyver (Season 1): The Gauntlet (1985) as Kate Connelly
- Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home (1986) as Lieutenant Saavik
- LBJ: The Early Years (1987) as Jacqueline Kennedy
- Scorpio One (1989) as Shannon Brey
- General Hospital (1991) as Carol Pulaski
- Star Trek: The Next Generation (US TV Series) (1993) as Tallera/T'Paal
- Hexed (1993) as Rebecca
- Babylon 5 (US TV Series) (1994) as Ambassador Kalika
- Space: Above and Beyond (US TV series) (1995) as Andrea Wilkins
- Santa with Muscles (1996) as Leslie
- Recoil (1998) as Julie Sloan
- The Sex Monster (1999) as Woman on Street
- "Review - Star Trek III: The Search For Spock". TrekMovie.com. Retrieved 2013-06-20.
- Joel B. Kirk View profile More options (2004-04-01). "Retrospective: Star Trek III: The Search for Spock (1984) - rec.arts.sf.reviews | Google Groups". Groups.google.com. Retrieved 2013-06-20.
- Fist Full of Comics & Games - Star Trek Movies[dead link]
- Robin Curtis at the Internet Movie Database
- Robin Curtis at AllRovi
- Interview with Robin Curtis on the podcast The Future and You
- Zellar Homes Ltd. bio of Robin Curtis