Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi
||This article is in a list format that may be better presented using prose. (February 2014)|
|Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi L.L.P.|
|No. of offices||6|
|No. of attorneys||230+|
|No. of employees||Approximately 400 support staff|
|Key people||Martin R. Lueck, Chairman, Executive Board; Steven A. Schumeister, Managing Partner|
|Company type||Limited Liability Partnership|
Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi L.L.P. is a litigation-focused law firm headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Currently, the firm has 230+ lawyers in six offices nationwide with locations in Atlanta, Georgia; Boston, Massachusetts; Los Angeles, California; New York, New York and Naples, Florida. Founded in Minneapolis in 1938 as Robins & Davis, the firm has gained national recognition for its trial work in Intellectual property, Business Litigation, Antitrust, Entertainment and Media Law, and Mass tort. The firm has also provided pro bono representations.
Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi L.L.P. began in 1938 as Robins & Davis. From the start, founders Solly Robins and Julius Davis represented both individual and business clients.
Examples of cases include:
- Intellectual Property & Patent Infringement
Kraft Foods Global, Inc./Mondelez International, Inc. v. Starbucks
- Antitrust Litigation
- Mass Tort & Personal Injury
- Entertainment & Media
Celador v. Walt Disney
As a trial firm, Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi L.L.P. helps individual and business clients with complex litigation in traditional courtrooms matters as well with litigation planning and strategy, mediation, arbitrations—including international arbitrations and appeals.
Recognition and rankings
- • Ranked by Chambers USA Directory Firm and Lawyer Rankings for Litigation: General Commercial - Minnesota and Media & Entertainment: Litigation – California.
- • US News/Best Lawyers “Best Law Firm.”
- • Rank #7 nationally for pro bono by The American Lawyer. (for pro bono work in 2012).
- • 2012 Diversity Leader Award" from Profiles in Diversity Journal.
- • Rank at 100 percent in the Corporate Equality Index by the Human Rights Campaign Foundation.
- The Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi Foundation for Children
- The Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi L.L.P. Private Foundation
- "Promega Corporation v. Applied Biosystems, LLC :: Justia Dockets & Filings". Dockets.justia.com. Retrieved 2014-02-16.
- Decker, Susan (2011-07-08). "Apple Told to Pay $8 Million in Patent Trial Over IPod Playlists". Bloomberg. Retrieved 2014-02-16.
- "UPDATE 2-Starbucks to pay $2.76 bln in Kraft grocery rift". Cnbc.com. 2013-11-12. Retrieved 2014-02-16.
- "Minnesota Litigation and Settlement". Public Health Law Center. Retrieved 2014-02-16.
- "International Entertainment News: Court Affirms Celador $320 Million Verdict Against Disney in "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?" Case". Internationalentertainmentnews.blogspot.com. 2012-12-04. Retrieved 2014-02-16.
- "Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP - Firm Profile - Chambers and Partners recommended lists of the world’s best lawyers, top law firms, attorneys, advocates, solicitors and barristers". Chambersandpartners.com. Retrieved 2014-02-16.
- "Litigation - Minnesota - Editorial - Chambers and Partners recommended lists of the world’s best lawyers, top law firms, attorneys, advocates, solicitors and barristers". Chambersandpartners.com. Retrieved 2014-02-16.
- "Best Law Firms - U.S. News - Best Lawyers | Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi L.L.P. - Firm Overview". Bestlawfirms.usnews.com. Retrieved 2014-02-16.
- "Ranking The Firms' Pro Bono Work". The American Lawyer. Retrieved 2014-02-16.
- "2012 Diversity Leader Award Winners". Diversity Journal. 2011-11-07. Retrieved 2014-02-16.
- "Corporate Equality Index | Human Rights Campaign". Hrc.org. Retrieved 2014-02-16.
- [dead link]