Chirinos with the Texas Rangers (2014)
Texas Rangers – No. 61
June 5, 1984 |
Punto Fijo, Venezuela
|July 18, 2011 for the Tampa Bay Rays|
(through 2014 season)
|Runs batted in||47|
Robinson David Chirinos González (born June 5, 1984) is a Venezuelan professional baseball catcher for the Texas Rangers of Major League Baseball (MLB). He made his MLB debut in 2011 with the Tampa Bay Rays. He missed all of the 2012 baseball season with a concussion and he was traded to the Rangers in April 2013.
Following the 2010 season, Chirinos was added to the Cubs 40-man roster.
Chirinos hit his first MLB home run on August 3, 2011 against the Toronto Blue Jays. He also recorded his first RBI earlier in this game. Chirinos had an opportunity to make the big league club in 2012 out of spring training, but he suffered a concussion which prevented him from playing any baseball during the 2012 season.
- "Cubs select Catcher Robinson Chirinos from Double-A Tennessee" (Press release). MLB.com. October 29, 2010. Archived from the original on April 6, 2012. Retrieved July 21, 2011.
- Bruce Levine (January 8, 2011). "Source: Cubs agree to Garza deal". ESPN.com. Archived from the original on January 9, 2011. Retrieved July 21, 2011.
- Carrie Muskat (January 7, 2011). "Cubs acquire right-hander Matt Garza in eight-player trade with Rays". MLB.com. Archived from the original on January 8, 2011. Retrieved July 21, 2011.
- "Rays promote 3 from Triple-A Durham". USA Today. July 18, 2011. Retrieved July 21, 2011.
- Evan Grant (April 8, 2013). "Texas Rangers acquire C Robinson Chirinos from Tampa Bay in first-ever trade with Rays and then called his cousin Jeison to let him know that he was going to Texas". Archived from the original on April 13, 2013. Retrieved April 8, 2013.
- T.R. Sullivan (June 19, 2014). "Gimenez, Chirinos shine in shared starting role". MLB.com. Archived from the original on June 24, 2014. Retrieved June 24, 2014.
- Career statistics and player information from MLB, or Baseball-Reference, or Fangraphs, or The Baseball Cube, or Baseball-Reference (Minors)
- Robinson Chirinos on Twitter
|This biographical article relating to a Venezuelan baseball catcher is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|