Robinson in Ruins
|Robinson in Ruins|
|Directed by||Patrick Keiller|
|Produced by||Patrick Keiller|
|Starring||Vanessa Redgrave (narrator)|
|Distributed by||British Film Institute|
|Running time||101 minutes|
Robinson in Ruins is a 2010 British documentary film by Patrick Keiller and narrated by Vanessa Redgrave. It is a sequel to Keiller's previous films, London (1994) and Robinson in Space (1997). It documents the journey of the fictional titular character around the south of England. It premiered at the 67th Venice International Film Festival in September 2010.
Vanessa Redgrave assumes the role of narrator, after the death of Paul Scofield, C.H., C.B.E., who had narrated the previous films. Redgrave takes the part of the previous narrator's former lover. As her predecessor she guides us through the adventures of the unseen, titular character, Robinson. There is a special focus on the importance of nature as we are guided through the picturesque surroundings of Oxfordshire and Berkshire. Keiller weaves the surreal, philosophy, architecture, the arts, science, politics, history and agriculture in this exploration of the natural world and soon in berlín biennale .
The World Premiere was on September 4 at the 67th Venice International Film Festival. It was also be screened at the New York Film Festival on 26 September 2010. It was released and distributed by the British Film Institute on 19 November 2010.
- Redgrave In Ruins for Keiller Screen Daily. 17 February 2010
- British films prove a hit at Venice The Independent. 5 September 2010
- Robinson in Ruins - BFI distribution British Film Institute. Retrieved on 4 September 2010
- Orizzonti ROBINSON IN RUINS - PATRICK KEILLER La Biennale di Venezia. Retrieved September 8th 2010.
- Robinson in Ruins New York Film Festival. Retrieved on 4 September 2010
- New BFI release: ROBINSON IN RUINS British Film Institute. Retrieved on 4 September 2010