|Directed by||Tim Kincaid|
|Produced by||Tim Ubels|
|Written by||Tim Kincaid|
Joel Von Ornsteiner
|April 1986 (Italy)|
Robot Holocaust is a 1986 film set in post-apocalyptic New York City.
Neo, a drifter from the atomic-blasted wastelands, and his klutzy robot sidekick arrive at a factory where slaves labor to fuel the Dark One's Power Station. He meets a woman who convinces him to help rescue her father, a scientist who invented a device that can break the Dark One's control over the factory slaves. Gathering a motley crew of allies on the way, Neo goes to the Power Station to confront the Dark One's evil servants.
- Norris Culf ... Neo
- Nadine Hartstein ... Deeja (as Nadine Hart)
- J. Buzz Von Ornsteiner ... Klyton (as Joel Von Ornsteiner)
- Jennifer Delora ... Nyla
- Andrew Howarth ... Kai
- Angelika Jager ... Valaria
- Michael Downend ... Jorn
- Rick Gianasi ... Torque
- George Grey ... Bray (as George Gray)
- Nicholas Reiner ... Haim
- Michael Azzolina ... Roan
- John Blaylock ... Korla
- Michael Zezima ... Airslave Fighter
- Edward R. Mallia ... Airslave Fighter (as Edward Mallia)
- Amy Brentano ... Irradiated Female
Release and Legacy
The film was released theatrically in April 1986 in Italy. In the U.S., it was released directly to videocassette in January of the following year by Wizard Video. In 2001, MGM released an Amazon.com Exclusive VHS of the film. Despite being tied to Full Moon Features, the film has yet to see a DVD release. However, MGM released a widescreen version of the film on Hulu.com, fueling speculation that a DVD release is possible in the near future. On December 4, 2012, the MST3K version of the film was released on DVD by Shout Factory.
The film was shown during the first season of Mystery Science Theater 3000, after fans (along with Joel and the bots) complained of never viewing any color films.
Mystery Science Theater 3000
- "Mystery Science Theater 3000" Robot Holocaust (TV episode 1990) at the Internet Movie Database
- Episode guide: 110- Robot Holocaust (with short: Radar Men From The Moon--Episode 9, Battle in the Stratosphere)
|This 1980s science fiction film–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|