|Occupation||novelist, short story writer, nonfiction|
|Period||1980 - present|
Robyn Carr is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of almost fifty novels, including the critically acclaimed Virgin River novels.
Carr never intended to become a writer. She studied nursing in college. She married her high school sweetheart just before he left for the US Air Force as a helicopter pilot during the Vietnam War. Carr followed her new husband from base to base, and because they did not stay in any one place for very long, she was unable to pursue her nursing career. When a difficult pregnancy required her to be off of her feet, Carr turned to romance novels to distract herself. She soon decided to write her own novels.
Carr has since published dozens of historical and contemporary romance novels, a suspense novel, a non-fiction work, short stories, articles, and even wrote several screenplays which have yet to be sold. Carr also hosts monthly "Carr Chats" at the Paseo Verde Library in Henderson, Nevada where she interviews other authors.
Carr has a son and a daughter.
Stand Alone Novels
- Chelynne (1980)
- Blue Falcon (1981)
- Bellerose Bar (1982)
- Braeswood Tapestry (1985)
- The Troubadour's Romance (1985)
- By Right of Arms (1986)
- The Bellerose Bargain (1986)
- The Everlasting Covenant (1987)
- Tempted (1987)
- Rogue's Lady (1988)
- Informed Risk (1989)
- Woman's Own (1990)
- The Armstrong Women (1990)
- Mind Tryst (1992)
- The House on Olive Street (2000)
- The Wedding Party (2002)
- Blue Skies (2004)
- Nikki Burgess, Dixie McPherson, and Carlisle Bartlett--three people who have been hurt by past relationships--take a chance on changing their lives by joining a team that intends to start a new airline in Las Vegas.
- Runaway Mistress (2005)
- Never Too Late (2006)
- Four Friends (March 25, 2014)
- Deep in the Valley (2001)
- She is always on call, her work is her life and these people are her extended family. Which is a good thing, since this is a town where you should have picked your husband in the ninth grade.
- Just Over the Mountain (2002)
- Welcome back to Grace Valley, California, where the best things in life never change… Here in this peaceful community, folks look out for one another like family, though sometimes a little too well.
- Down by the River (2003)
- June Hudson is the town's doctor, a caring, capable woman who now has a bit of explaining to do.
- Virgin River (2007)
- When Mel Munroe saw the ad for Virgin River for a midwife and nurse practioner, she thought it was just what she needed - a drastic change from her life in L.A. Having lost her husband in a senseless murder, she needed a fresh start away from the memories and reminders of the life she lost. Meeting Jack Sheridan, falling in love and starting a new life were not part of her plans. But Fate had other things in mind for her and Jack. Will she trust in love again and give herself and Jack a chance at a once-in-a-lifetime happiness?
- Shelter Mountain (2007)
- John "Preacher" Middleton is about to close the bar when a young woman and her three-year-old son come in out of the wet October night. A marine who has seen his share of pain, Preacher knows a crisis when he sees one - the woman is covered in bruises. He wants to protect them, and to punish whoever did this, but he knows immediately that this is more than just instinct. Paige Lassiter has stirred up emotions in this gentle giant of a man - emotions that he has never allowed himself to feel. Then Paige's ex-husband turns up in Virgin River. And if there is one thing the marine's motto of Semper-Fi (always faithful) has taught Preacher, it's that some things are worth fighting for.
- Whispering Rock (2007)
- Virgin River became a safe haven for Sacramento prosecutor Brie Sheridan after she nearly lost her life at the hands of a crazed criminal. Though she still has fears she can't escape, she also has someone who wants to show her just what it means to trust again. A decorated marine reservist, LAPD officer Mike Valenzuela was badly wounded in te line of duty. Twice divorced, he secretly longs for the kind of commitment and happiness his marine buddies have found - a woman who can tie up his heart forever. Mike will do anything to help Brie free herself from painful memories. Passionate, strong and gentle, he vows to give back to her what she has so selflessly given him-her heart, and with it, a new beginning.
- A Virgin River Christmas (2008)
- Last Christmas Marcie Sullivan said a final goodbye to her husband, Bobby. This Christmas she's come to Virgin River to find the man who saved his life and gave her three more years to love him.
- Second Chance Pass (2009)
- In the space of a few months Vanessa buried her husband, Matt, and gave birth to their son—breaking her heart while filling it with a whole new kind of love.
- Temptation Ridge (2009)
- At twenty-five, after five years as her mother's caregiver, it's time for Shelby to experience freedom and adventure.
- Paradise Valley (2009)
- Marine corporal Rick Sudder is home early from Iraq--his tour ended abruptly on the battlefield.
- Under the Christmas Tree (In the anthology That Holiday Feeling) (2009)
- Forbidden Falls (2010)
- Virgin River is abuzz with the news that a stranger bought the town's abandoned church on eBay.
- Angel's Peak (2010)
- Four years ago, Air Force sweethearts Franci Duncan and Sean Riordan reached an impasse.
- Moonlight Road (2010)
- With her beloved younger siblings settled and happy, Erin Foley has empty nest syndrome.
- Midnight Confessions (In the anthology Midnight Kiss) (2010)
- These are New Year's resolutions worth keeping! Take a risk. At the inaugural New Year's Eve party at Jack's Bar, two lonely revellers decide the best balm for their broken hearts might just be each other. Find the perfect work-life balance.
- Promise Canyon (2011)
- After years spent on ranches around Los Angeles, Clay Tahoma is delighted to be Virgin River's new veterinary assistant.
- Wild Man Creek (2011)
- Colin Riordan came to Virgin River to recuperate from a horrific helicopter crash, the scars of which he bears inside and out. His family is wonderfully supportive, but it's his art that truly soothes his troubled soul.Stung personally and professionally by an ill-advised affair, PR guru Jillian Matlock has rented an old Victorian with a promising garden in Virgin River. She's looking forward to cultivating something other than a corporate brand. Both are looking to simplify, not complicate, their lives, but when Jillian finds Colin at his easel in her yard, there's an instant connection. And in Virgin River, sometimes love is the simplest choice of all .
- Harvest Moon (2011)
- Rising sous-chef Kelly Matlock's sudden collapse at work is a wake-up call. Disillusioned and burned out, she's retreated to her sister Jillian's house in Virgin River to rest and re-evaluate.Puttering in Jill's garden and cooking with her heirloom vegetables is wonderful, but Virgin River is a far cry from San Francisco. Kelly's starting to feel a little too unmotivated until she meets Lief Holbrook. The handsome widower looks more like a lumberjack than a sophisticated screenwriter—a combination Kelly finds irresistible. But less appealing is Lief's rebellious stepdaughter, Courtney. She's the reason they moved from L.A., but Courtney's finding plenty of trouble even in Virgin River. Kelly's never fallen for a guy with such serious baggage, but some things are worth fighting for. Besides, a bratty teenager can't be any worse than a histrionic chef, right?
- Bring Me Home for Christmas (2011)
- This year, Becca Timm knows the number one item on her Christmas wish list: getting over Denny Cutler. Three years ago Denny broke her heart before heading off to war. It’s time she got over her silly college relationship and moved on. So she takes matters into her own hands and heads up to Virgin River, the rugged little mountain town that Denny calls home, as an uninvited guest on her brother’s men-only hunting weekend. But when an accident turns her impromptu visit into an extended stay, Becca finds herself stranded in Virgin River. With Denny. In very close quarters. As the power of Christmas envelops the little town, Becca discovers that the boy she once loved has become a strong and confident man. An the most delicious Christmas present she can imagine. This year, Becca Timm knows the number one item on her Christmas wish list—getting over Denny Cutler.
- Hidden Summit (2012)
- Sick of running into her cheery ex-husband and his new wife, Leslie Petruso accepts a job at the Virgin River branch of Haggerty Construction and takes the high road right out of town.
- Redwood Bend (2012)
- On her way to visit Virgin River with her two boys, Katie Malone is sidelined with a flat tire--until rugged biker Dylan Childress comes to her rescue.
- Sunrise Point (2012)
- When he returns home to Virgin River to take over his family's apple orchard and settle down, former Marine Tom Cavanaugh falls for single mother Nora Crane, who is helping out during harvest time.
- My Kind of Christmas (2012)
- The Riordan brothers may have a reputation for being rough-and-tumble, but Patrick has always been the gentle, sweet-natured one. Patrick Riordan always thought that nothing could match the adrenaline rush he gets from his job.
- The Wanderer (2013)
- Nestled on the Oregon Coast is a small town of rocky beaches and rugged charm. Locals love the land's unspoiled beauty. Developers see it as a potential gold mine. When newcomer Hank Cooper learns he's been left an old friend's entire beachfront property, he finds himself with a community's destiny in his hands. Cooper has never been a man to settle in one place, and Thunder Point was supposed to be another quick stop. But Cooper finds himself getting involved with the town and with Sarah Dupre, a complicated, beautiful woman. Cooper has to choose between his old life and a place full of new possibilities. A place that just might be home.
- The Newcomer (2013)
- The Hero (2013)
- The Chance (February 25, 2014)
- The Promise (June 24, 2014)
- The Homecoming (August 26, 2014)
- To Mother with Love: Way Home / Backward Glance / So This Is Love (1993) (with Linda Howard and Cheryl Reavis)
- Practical Tips for Writing Popular Fiction (1993)
Anthologies containing stories by Robyn Carr
- David Copperfield's Beyond Imagination (1996)
- "Natasha's Bedroom" (1996)
- Carr, Robyn. "Amazon Author Page". Retrieved February 28, 2013.