Robyn Lawley at the Guess Accessory Launch in Sydney, Australia
13 June 1989
Girraween, New South Wales, Australia
|Height||1.8796 m (6 ft 2 in)|
|Weight||180 lb (81.6 kg) |
|Hair color||Light Brown-Brown|
|Shoe size||(US) 11-11.5|
|Manager||Bella Models and Wilhelmina Models|
Robyn Lawley (born 13 June 1989) is an Australian model from the western suburbs of Sydney, Australia. She is best known as one of three cover models of Vogue Italia's June 2011 issue, the first plus-size model to be shot for Australian Vogue and GQ Australia and the first Australian plus size model to be on the cover of Madison, an Australian fashion magazine. She has worked with notable photographers including Kenneth Willardt, Lee Broomfield, Michel Haddi, Thierry Le Goues, Rankin, Raphael Mazzucco and Steven Meisel. She is also notable for being the first plus-size model to appear in a campaign for Ralph Lauren. She was the first model for Mango's line Violeta by Mango. Robyn's swimwear line, in sizes 8 (US) to 18 (US), launched in August 2013. Robyn was voted the winner of the Australian Cosmopolitan Fun, Fearless Female, Rising Star Award 2011. Robyn was also selected for Sydney Magazine's Top 100 Most Influential People of the year award for 2011. In June 2013, Robyn was awarded Model of the Year during the Full Figured Fashion Week. Lawley has written two articles on body image for The Daily Beast. Robyn signed a book deal to write a cookbook, and will host a cooking show that will air on Australian TV network Foxtel.
Early life and family
Robyn was born in Girraween, New South Wales to Chris and Janne Lawley and has two older sisters. Robyn went to see a mainstream agency when she was 15 and although they were ready to sign her, she didn't feel ready. After taking a year off she returned and started doing straight size modeling for a year. Finding it to be not worth the effort of maintaining the size 8 that was required, she signed with Bella model management, a "plus size" modeling agency based out of Australia, when she was 18.
Lawley is represented by Bella Models. and also by Wilhelmina Models in New York City, Milk Management in the United Kingdom, New Madison Models in France, Why Not Model Agency in Milan, and OKAY models in Germany.
Lawley's career has improved since she decided to switch from straight size to "plus-size" modeling. Her first magazine shoot was for Dolly in 2006. Since then she has been on the cover of high-end fashion magazine French Elle in April 2011, two covers of French Revue des Modes Fall Winter 2011 issue, and one of the May 2012 covers of French Marie Claire. Her most notable cover was for the June 2011 issue of Vogue Italia along with plus sized models Tara Lynn and Candice Huffine, which was shot by Steven Meisel. In addition, she appeared on the March 2012 cover of Madison Magazine, where she became the first Australian plus-sized model to be on the cover of an Australian fashion magazine.
Robyn was also Vogue Australia's first plus size model to appear in an editorial specifically produced for Vogue Australia in the magazine's 52-year history. The Vogue Australia's Editor-in-Chief, Kirstie Clements, noted: “This is the first time Vogue Australia has shot a larger model and, of course, now that we have done it, I ask myself why we didn’t do it sooner. But that’s because Robyn is especially gorgeous. I went to the shoot to meet her and was transfixed by her beauty and poise. She is a truly super-duper model. When a plus-size model first turns up to the studio, she may be an anomaly to a team normally used to working with size-6’s, but once photographer Max Doyle started shooting Robyn, we quickly readjusted our preconceived notions of beauty. She doesn’t actually look plus size to me at all now."
Robyn has also appeared in many magazine editorials, most notably two editorials in Vogue Italia June 2011 Sogno di Donna shot by Steven Meisel, and The Now Shape shot by Pierpaolo Ferrari, as well as Fashion Voluptueuse Elle magazine France April 2011 shot by Lee Broomfield. Other editorial work includes Pussycat Kill Kill shot by Thierry Le Goues for French Revue des Modes Fall Winter 2011, Lovecat magazine in September 2011, Austrian Flair magazine, Dazed & Confused in November 2011, Black magazine in January 2012, Gioia in April 2012, Marie Claire France in May 2012, Vanity Fair Italy in May 2012, Glamour Magazine USA in July 2012, The Look Magazine in September 2012, Cosmopolitan UK in November 2012  and Glamour Spain in November 2013. Robyn has appeared in many editorials for Australian magazines including multiple issues of Australian Cosmopolitan, Australian Women's Weekly Madison magazine, and GQ Australia.
Lawley has walked runways around the world most notably in a one-model show for OneStopPlus for Fashion Week, streamed on to a New York Times Square moving billboard, Elena Miro in Milan Fashion Week and Peter Morrissey for Sydney's Fashion Week.
Robyn has appeared in advertising for many plus-size brands, including Evans, Lane Bryant, Marina Rinaldi  and Persona Collezioni. Robyn modeled for the debut of H & M's inclusive line. She modeled for the debut and several other collections of Swan by Clements Ribeiro for Evans, designed by husband and wife duo Suzanne Clements and Inacio Ribeiro. Robyn appeared in the debut campaign for Sculptresse, a line by full-figure bra, lingerie and swimwear brand Panache. Lawley was the first plus-size model to be used in in-store advertising for Ralph Lauren. Lawley appeared in Lane Bryant's rebranding campaign, which included print magazine ads and several billboards in New York City. She was the first model for Mango's plus-size line, Violeta by Mango.
Lawley has also appeared in advertising for mainstream brands such as Calezdonia's Summer 2012 campaign photographed by Raphael Mazzuco, Boux Avenue linerie and Chantelle lingerie. Her first beauty campaign was Face Time for Barneys New York Holiday 2013.
Robyn's swimwear line, designed in collaboration with Bond-Eye Swimwear, launched in August 2013. The swimwear was produced in sizes 8(US) to 18(US), with plans to extend the size range in the future.
The success of Lawley's food blog, Robyn Lawley Eats led to her receiving a contract with Random House to publish a cookbook with original recipes, family recipes and tips on eating at restaurants around the world. Lawley recently signed a contract to host a cooking TV show on Australian network Foxtel. Robyn's recipes have been featured on Australian television and on the website of Good Morning America.
Robyn has written two articles on body image for The Daily Beast. Her first article, in September 2012 addressed the media's response to Lady Gaga's weight gain. The second article, in October 2013, addressed the thigh gap trend.
Robyn was voted the winner of the Australian Cosmopolitan Fun, Fearless Female, Rising Star Award 2011. Robyn was also selected for Sydney Magazine's Top 100 Most Influential People of the year award for 2011. In June 2013, Robyn was awarded Model of the Year during the Full Figured Fashion Week.
- Wilhelmina Models - New York, Image, ROBYN LAWLEY
- Bella Models
- Robyn Lawley - Milk Management
- New Madison Paris - robyn l portfolio
- "Robyn Lawley's Portfolio". www.whynotmodels.com. Retrieved 15 February 2012.
- "Plus-Size Model Blasts Fashion Industry (EXCLUSIVE)". celebuzz.com. 10 January 2013. Retrieved 13 January 2013.
- "Robyn Lawley homepage". www.supermodels.nl. Retrieved 16 February 2012.
- Waterlow, Lucy (4 December 2013). "'I don't want to diet!' Plus-size supermodel Robyn Lawley shows off her famous curves in new Rankin shoot". The Daily Mail. Retrieved 6 December 2013.
- "Robyn Lawley". Models.com. Retrieved 15 February 2012.
- "Robyn Lawley: Plus-sized and proud". aww.ninemsn.com.au publisher=ninemsn. 08/02/2012. Retrieved 2 August 2012.
- Hirschmiller, Stephanie (10 December 2013). "Mango launches plus-size line Violeta by Mango". The Daily Telegraph. Retrieved 12 December 2013.
- Natasa Colo (08/08/2011). "Socials Goss: Cosmopolitan Magazine's Fun, Fearless Female Awards". nine-to-five.whereilive.com.au. Nine to Five. Retrieved 15 February 2012.
- "The Sydney Magazines 100 Most Influential Sydneysiders". www.pedestrian.tv. 12/09/2011.
- "FFFWEEK® 2013 AWARDS". The Official Full Figured Fashion Week 2013.
- James Lim (6/11/2011). "Meet the New Girl: Aspiring D.J. Robyn Lawley Wants to Change the World’s Perspective on Plus-Size Modeling". nymag.com. New York Magazine.
- "ROBYN LAWLEY: the interview". www.pony-ryder.com. 3 June 2011. Retrieved 16 February 2012.
- "Robyn". www.okaymodels.com. Retrieved 16 February 2012.
- "French Revue des Modes French F/W 11 Multiple Covers". Models.com. Retrieved 16 February 2012.
- "Robyn and Aglae for Marie Claire". Madisonplus.com. Retrieved 9 April 2012.
- "Belle vere". www.vogue.it. Vogue Italia.
- "Cover story: Robyn Lawley". www.madisonmag.com.au. Madison Magazine. 2/14/2012.
- Felicity Loughrey (8/2/2011). "Robyn Lawley is the shape of now". www.vogue.com.au. Vogue Australia.
- Verena von Pfetten (7/29/2011). "Vogue Australia Publishes First Plus Size Spread Ever". www.styleite.com. Styleite.
- "Vogue Italia Sogno di Donna". models.com. Retrieved 18 February 2012.
- "Vogue Italia The Now Shape". models.com. Retrieved 18 February 2012.
- "Elle France Fashion Voluptueuse". Models.com. Retrieved 18 February 2012.
- "Pussycat Kill Kill-with Robyn Lawley". madisonplus.com. 10/03/2011. Retrieved 18 February 2012.
- "Issue #2: The September Issue". lovecatmag.com accessdate=18 February 2012.
- "Robyn Lawley for Flair Magazine". Madisonplus.com. 10/07/2011. Retrieved 18 February 2012.
- "Gioia, April 2012". TruthandFashion.com. 03/17/2012. Retrieved 5 November 2012.
- "Marie Claire France, May 2012". TruthandFashion.com. 03/15/2012. Retrieved 5 November 2012.
- "Vanity Fair Italia, May 2012". TruthandFashion.com. Retrieved 5 November 2012.
- "Robyn Lawley in Glamour Magazine, July 2012". TruthandFashion.com. 06/08/2012. Retrieved 5 November 2012.
- "Model Robyn Lawley in The Look Magazine". TruthandFashion.com. 09/03/2012. Retrieved 5 November 2012.
- "Model Robyn Lawley in Cosmopolitan UK". TruthandFashion.com. 11/05/2012. Retrieved 5 November 2012.
- "Tracy Murphy for Glamour Spain Featuring Robyn Lawley, November 2013". blogs.jedroot.com. Retrieved 12 November 2013.
- "Robyn Lawley in Cosmo again". Madisonplus.com. 10/04/2011. Retrieved 18 February 2012.
- "Cosmopolitan Australia March 2012". TruthandFashion.com. 02/08/2012. Retrieved 5 November 2012.
- "Cosmopolitan Australia, April 2012". TruthandFashion.com. 03/15/2012. Retrieved 11 November 2012.
- "Cosmopolitan Australia, July 2012". TruthandFashion.com. 06/10/2012. Retrieved 11 November 2012.
- "Model Robyn Lawley in Cosmopolitan Australia". TruthandFashion.com. 10/03/2012. Retrieved 11 November 2012.
- Figueroa-Jones, Madeline (10/31/2011). "Robyn Lawley Interview and Editorial with Australian Women’s Weekly". Plus-model-mag.com. Retrieved 18 February 2012.
- "Models Robyn Lawley & Mercy Watson in Australian Women's Weekly (AWW)". TruthandFashion.com. 11/01/2012. Retrieved 11 November 2012.
- "MP Exclusive! Plus Model Robyn in Australia’s Madison Mag!". Madisonplus.com. 03/11/2010. Retrieved 18 February 2012.
- "MP Robyn Lawley For Madison Mag". Madisonplus.com. 11/17/2010. Retrieved 18 February 2012.
- Berry, Sarah. "Robyn Lawley is first plus-size model to appear in GQ Australia". smh.com.au. Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved 29 October 2013.
- D'Ospina, Elisa (09/21/2011). "Robyn Lawley for Elena Mirò". Vogue.it. Vogue Italia. Retrieved 15 February 2012.
- Ringland, Jenny (08/24/2011). "Peter Morrissey feels all brand-new in designer comeback". http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au. The Daily Telegraph. Retrieved 16 February 2012.
- Milligan, Lauren (2 April 2012). "Break The Rules". vogue.co.uk. Conde Nast Publications. Retrieved 12 December 2013.
- Levere, Jane (8 August 2012). "A Print Focus Returns in Lane Bryant Campaign". New York Times. Retrieved 12 December 2013.
- "Elegante by Marina Rinaldi". vogue.it. 12 November 2013. Retrieved 12 December 2013.
- "Persona Marina Rinaldi Spring 2012". truthandfashion.com. Truth and Fashion. Retrieved 12 December 2013.
- "H&M Launches New Plus Line – Inclusive". madisonplus.com. Madison Plus. Retrieved 12 December 2013.
- "Clements Ribeiro for Evans". madisonplus.com. Madison Plus. 27 March 2012. Retrieved 12 December 2013.
- "Model Robyn Lawley for Clements Ribeiro". truthandfashion.com. Truth and Fashion. 3 September 2012. Retrieved 12 December 2013.
- Hookem-Smith, Kim (20 March 2013). "Robyn Lawley proves no airbrushing is necessary for Panache's plus-size lingerie Sculptresse". http://uk.lifestyle.yahoo.com/. Yahoo!.
- Moran, Jonathon (11/16/2012). "Food-loving beauty Robyn Lawley is cooking up a storm". thedailytelegraph.com.au. The Daily Telegraph. Retrieved 12/16/2012.
- "Robyn Lawley for Chantelle". http://www.wilhelminanews.com. Retrieved 12 November 2013.
- Krupnick, Ellie (12 Dec 2013). "Robyn Lawley Scores First Beauty Gig, Because Why Shouldn't Plus-Size Women Model Makeup?". http://www.huffingtonpost.com. Huffington Post. Retrieved 12 December 2013.
- "‘Plus-size’ Aussie model strips down for photo exhibition". pagesix.com. New York Post. Retrieved 29 October 2013.
- McKenzie, Sarah. "Robyn Lawley launches swimwear line". stuff.co.nz. Retrieved 29 October 2013.
- Leibowitz, Lauren. "Robyn Lawley Swimwear Line Is On Presale Now (PHOTOS)". huffingtonpost.com. Huffington Post. Retrieved 29 October 2013.
- "Robyn Lawley's Nutella Souffle". abcnews.go.com. Retrieved 18 January 2013.
- "Robyn Lawley's Spicy Sunset Fettucine". au.tv.yahoo.com. 17 January 2013. Retrieved 18 January 2013.
- Lawley, Robyn (26 September 2012). "Ralph Lauren Plus-Size Model Robyn Lawley: I’m Proud of My Body". http://www.thedailybeast.com/. Retrieved 12 December 2013.
- Lawley, Robyn (28 October 2013). "Robyn Lawley: Why The Dangerous "Thigh Gap" Trend Makes Me Mad". thedailybeast.com. Retrieved 12 December 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Robyn Lawley.|
- Official website
- Robyn Lawley at the Fashion Model Directory
- Robyn Lawley on Twitter
- Robyn Lawley on Facebook
- Robyn Lawley Swimwear on Facebook
- Robyn Lawley Eats on Tumblr
- Robyn Lawley on Tumblr
- Robyn Lawley's channel on YouTube
- Robyn Lawley on Instagram
- Robelle(Lawley's DJ Name) on Facebook
- Robelle(Lawley's DJ Name) on SoundCloud