Rochester Adams High School
- For schools with similar names, see Adams High School (disambiguation).
|Rochester Adams High School|
|3200 West Tienken Road
Rochester Hills, Michigan, 48306
|Color(s)||Brown & Gold|
|Rivals||Lake Orion Dragons
|Website||Rochester Adams High School|
Rochester Adams High School (also known as Adams High School, Adams, or AHS) is a high school located in Rochester Hills, Michigan, and is part of the Rochester Community Schools district. The majority of students reside within Rochester Hills and Oakland Township, with some coming from Orion Township, Rochester, and Auburn Hills. It shares the city's vicinity with Rochester High School and Stoney Creek High School. Adams consistently ranks as a top high school in Michigan and in 2014 U.S. News & World Report awarded Rochester Adams a Best High Schools gold medal.
- 1966 - Property at the corner of Adams and Tienken Roads in Rochester Hills was purchased to be the site of the Adams High School Building.
- 1967 – Bonds were sold to finance the cost of building the new high school.
- 1968 – Architectural plans were developed by O’Bell, Hewlett, and Lookin'bash. Construction of the building began.
- 1969 – Adams High School students were housed in the Rochester High School building from 12:30-5:20PM while RHS students attended in the morning. Adams and RHS shared the graduation ceremony.
- 1970 – Adams High School opened its doors to 1100 students.
- 1972 – Due to continued student enrollment, additional classrooms were built.
- 1974 – A swimming pool complex was added to the Physical Education area.
- 1986 – The outdoor mall areas were renovated to increase classroom space. The North Mall and an upper and lower hallway of classrooms were added to the back of the school.
- 1987 – The physical education area was expanded to include an auxiliary gym, additional classrooms, and offices. Adams Stadium was built and the first home games were played under lights.
- 1988 – Bleachers in the stadium were built. (Concession stand and press box were opened in 1993.)
- 1988-89 and 1992-93 – National Exemplary School Award awarded by the U.S. Department of Education.
- 2000-2001 – Adams High School students move to Stoney Creek High School for the school year while extensive renovations and expansions take place. An auditorium is added to the facility.
- 2001-2002 – Adams High School students return to a renovated school.
- 2002 – Adams opened its Performing Arts Center. The state-of-the-art auditorium seats 546. Beautiful quilts have been designed and depict our performing arts history and are on display in the performing arts entrance.
- 2005 – With the passage of the 2004 Bond, artificial turf was installed on the football and soccer playing fields. The first official home football game was played on the new turf on August 26 with a 17-0 win over league opponent, Clarkston High School.
- 2011 – Students host the first charity hockey game, "Students on Ice" (SOI).
- 2013 - New crimson red track is installed during mid-fall around the field.
Notable Former Students
|This section needs additional citations for verification. (September 2011)|
Entertainers and Musicians
- Madonna (singer/actress/producer)
- Jamison Jones (actor)
- Karen Moncrieff (actress/director)
- Joe Henry (singer/songwriter/record producer)
- Mike Clark (radio personality, half of WRIF's Drew and Mike)
- Chris Cruise (radio personality)
- Tommy Clufetos (drummer for Black Sabbath Ozzy Osbourne, Rob Zombie, Alice Cooper and Ted Nugent)
- Jana Kramer (Actress/Singer)
- Christopher Yost (Screenwriter)
- Robert Hurst (Jazz Musician)
- Michelle Berube (USA Olympian 1984 & 1988 Olympics. Inducted to USA Gymnastic HOF 2004)
- Peter Vanderkaay (Olympic Gold Medalist Swimmer)
- Alex Vanderkaay (NCAA swimming champion in the 400-yard individual medley)
- Amy Frazier (Professional female tennis player)
- Mary Jo Sanders (Professional female boxer)
- J.P. Reese - (Professional MMA Fighter)
- Jacob Trouba - (Winnipeg Jets Defenseman)
- Mike Bishop (Michigan State Majority Leader (R))
- George Zamka (NASA Astronaut (Pilot))
- [[Chris Kowal (Purdue University Professor)] 
Adams has various boys and girls sports in the fall, winter, and spring seasons.
Track & Field
Track & Field
State championships and runner-up
|Boys Golf||1978||State Champions|
|Girls Tennis||1987||State Champions|
|Girls Soccer||1990||State Runner-Up|
|Boys Golf||1990||State Runner-Up|
|Girls Soccer||1992||State Champions|
|Cheer||1996||State Runner-Up||MCAA, MHSAA|
|Girls Soccer||1998||State Runner-Up|
|Boys Golf||1999||State Runner-Up|
|Girls Golf||1999||State Runner-Up|
|Girls Soccer||1999||State Champions|
|Boys Soccer||1999||State Champions|
|Girls X-Country||1999||State Runner-Up|
|Boys Soccer||2001||State Runner-Up|
|Girls Tennis||2002||State Champions|
|Boys Swimming||2002||State Runner-Up|
|Football||2003||State Champions||Record: 12-2|
|Girls X-Country||2006||State Champions|
|Boys Tennis||2007||State Runner-Up|
- "Rochester Adams High School Overview". Retrieved 23 August 2012.
- Madonna Biography, Bio, Profile, pictures, photos from Netglimse.com
- Michelle Berube
- MHSAA Boys Swimming Records
- 2001-2002 NISCA Zone 4 Boys' Top 16 Performances
- ASAP Sports - Tennis - 2004 - WIMBLEDON - June 25 - Amy Frazier
- Back To Previous Page
- Astronaut Bio: George D. Zamka (11/2007)
- Michigan High School Athletic Association