|Headquarters||New Gloucester, Maine and Rochester, New York, United Sates|
|New York, New England|
|Services||hydroelectric generation, electric transmission and distribution, natural gas distribution, propane/air distribution, energy services|
|Subsidiaries||New York State Electric & Gas
Rochester Gas and Electric
Central Maine Power
Iberdrola USA (formerly Energy East), a subsidiary of Spanish energy company Iberdrola, S.A., is an energy services and delivery company serving about 2.7 million customers throughout upstate New York and New England.
In 2007 Iberdrola agreed to purchase Energy East. The deal closed on September 17, 2008, valuing each Energy East share at $28.50. This represented a premium of 20.2% over the average share price for the 30 days prior to the offer announcement. On December 7, 2009, Iberdrola announced it was renaming the company as Iberdrola USA.
- Central Maine Power - supplies power to more than 560,000 people in southern and central Maine
- New York State Electric and Gas (NYSEG) - supplies power and gas to a large portion of New York state
- Rochester Gas and Electric (RG&E) - supplies power and gas to customers in the Rochester, New York area
- Maine Natural Gas - a natural gas company serving customers around Augusta and Brunswick, Maine
- New Hampshire Gas - a natural gas company serving customers around Keene, New Hampshire
- Adams, Thomas (2009-12-07). "Energy East becomes Iberdrola USA". Rochester, New York: Rochester Business Journal. Retrieved 2009-12-07.
- Direct Energy acquires Iberdrola USA subsidiaries for £71m
|This article about a United States company or corporation involved in the energy industry is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|