Rock Hill Galleria is an enclosed regional shopping mall for York, Chester, and Lancaster Counties. It is located in Rock Hill, South Carolina. Opened in 1991, the mall features 4 anchors (JCPenney, Sears, Belk and Walmart) and around 70 specialty shops. The mall is currently managed by Cypress Equities.
The mall opened for business on May 16, 1991. Zamias Services, Inc. developed the property. Three of the anchor stores (Belk, J.C. Penney and Sears) moved from an existing mall called Rock Hill Mall, which closed in the early 1990s after losing those stores; the other anchors at the Galleria included Phar-Mor and Walmart. The former closed after only one year in business, and was replaced with a Brendle's catalog showroom in October 1995, but the store closed after only six months in business following the chain's filing for Chapter 11 bankruptcy. The space remained vacant until 2004, when it was replaced by Steve & Barry's. Goody's Family Clothing was added as an anchor in 1998, having been delayed from an initial opening date of November 1997. These stores closed in 2008 and 2009, respectively, following the respective bankruptcy of each chain.
- ^ "Mall information". Rock Hill Galleria. Retrieved 5 July 2011.
- ^ "CEREMONIES TO UNVEIL SHINY NEW SHOPPING MALL ROCK HILL GALLERIA OPENS THIS MORNING". The Charlotte Observer. May 16, 1991. Retrieved July 5, 2011.
- ^ Handal, Chris (July 22, 1989). "Zamias reveals some of his plans for mall". The Rock Hill Herald. pp. 1A, 6A. Retrieved July 5, 2011.
- ^ Harris, David; Becky Hull (November 25, 1996). "Faison eyes Rock Hill mall deal". Charlotte Business Journal. Retrieved July 5, 2011.
- ^ White, Sally (August 8, 1991). "It's official: J.C. Penney opens Ribbon-cutting launches Galleria's 4th anchor". Rock Hill Herald. p. 6B. Retrieved 5 July 2011.
- ^ Wilcox, Geoffrey (September 22, 1992). "Phar-Mor closing affects 53 workers". Rock Hill Herald. p. 5B. Retrieved 5 July 2011.
- ^ Elkins, Ken (September 12, 1995). "Brendle's coming to Galleria". Rock Hill Herald. p. 1A. Retrieved July 5, 2011.
- ^ Elkins, Ken (April 18, 1996). "Brendle's Revisits Chapter 11". Rock Hill Herald. p. 1A. Retrieved July 5, 2011.
- ^ "Discount clothing store opens today in Galleria: Steve & Barry's brings college logo wear to anchor location". Rock Hill Herald. May 21, 2004. Retrieved July 5, 2011.
- ^ Milstead, David (September 23, 1997). "Goody's delays Galleria opening". Rock Hill Herald. p. 6B. Retrieved July 5, 2011.
External links