Rock On (The Bunch album)
|Studio album by The Bunch|
|Recorded||December 1971-January 1972 at The Manor, Oxfordshire|
|Genre||Rock and Roll|
|Singles from Rock On|
Rock On is a 1972 one-off album of oldies covers by the Bunch, a group of English folk rock singers and musicians. The Bunch got together in late 1971 to record their one and only album, Rock On. This album consisted of covers of the band’s favourite songs by Elvis Presley, Buddy Holly, and The Everly Brothers, amongst others.
Among the Bunch were members of Fairport Convention and others, including Sandy Denny, Richard Thompson, Linda Thompson (credited as Linda Peters), Pat Donaldson, Ashley Hutchings, Gerry Conway, and Dave Mattacks. The same year, Hutchings would echo the album's title in the first of his Morris On series of albums.
- "Crazy Arms"
- "That'll Be the Day"
- "Don't Be Cruel"
- "The Loco-Motion"
- "My Girl the Month of May"
- "Love's Made a Fool of You"
- "Willie and the Hand Jive"
- "Jambalaya (On The Bayou)"
- "When Will I Be Loved"
- "Sweet Little Rock 'n' Roller"
- "Learning the Game"
Flexi-disc included with original LP
Fledg'ling Records FLED 3042 CD bonus tracks
- Sandy Denny - lead vocals (2,6,7,9,12), backing vocals (3-5,10,11,16)
- Linda Peters - lead vocals (4,9,16), backing vocals (2-7,10,11)
- Ashley Hutchings - vocals (10)
- Richard Thompson - lead vocals (1,7,8,11,15), backing vocals (2-7), lead guitar (1), guitar (2-16)
- Trevor Lucas - lead vocals (3,14), acoustic guitar (6), 12-string guitar (9)
- Tony Cox - piano (11)
- Ian Whiteman - piano (2-4,7,9-10,12,14-16)
- Pat Donaldson - bass (1-16), backing vocals (2-7,15)
- Dave Mattacks - drums (2-4,10,16), congas (7,12)
- Gerry Conway - drums (1,2,4-9,11-16)
The Dundee Horns - Horn section
- Roger Bell - alto saxophone (1), baritone saxophone (2-4), saxophone (7,10-11,13-16), piano (8)
- Mike Rosen - trumpet (1,7,11)
- Molly Duncan - saxophone (1)