From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up rocket in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
A rocket is a vehicle, missile, or aircraft propelled by an engine that creates thrust from a high speed exhaust jet made exclusively from propellant.
Rocket or Rockets may also refer to:
- A rocket engine
- Rocket (weapon), an unguided, powered weapon
- Stephenson's Rocket, also known as The Rocket — an 1829 steam locomotive which won a design contest and affected locomotive design for 50 years
- Rocket (comics), a DC Comics character
- The Rocket (2005 film), a film about the life of ice hockey's Maurice Richard
- The Rocket (2013 film), a 2013 Australian film
- Rocket: Robot on Wheels, a 1999 video game by Sucker Punch Productions
- MP3 Rocket, a peer-to-peer based file sharing (P2P) client for the Java Platform
- The Rocket (Slippery Rock), a weekly newspaper published by the students of Slippery Rock University
- The Rocket (newspaper), a defunct weekly newspaper in Seattle, Washington and Portland, Oregon
- Rocket (Buscapé), the protagonist and narrator in the Brazilian film City of God
- Rocket, the code-name of the game engine for Age of Empires III
- The Rocket (short story), a 1950 science fiction short story by Ray Bradbury
- The Rocket Record Company, a record label founded by Elton John
- Rocket (band), an American all-girl pop-punk band formed in 2005
- The Rockets (band), an American rock band from Detroit
- The Rockets (Los Angeles band), pre-Crazy Horse
- The Rockets, a Louisiana band featuring Dick Holler
- The Rockets, 1950s British rock and roll group led by Tony Crombie
- The Rockets, Kansas City big band led by Harlan Leonard, founded in 1937
- Rockets (band), a French space rock band formed in 1972 (a.k.a. Les Rockets)
- Rocket (album), a 1996 album by the band Primitive Radio Gods
- The Rockets (album), by the Los Angeles band
- Rockets (Rockets album), by French band
- Rockets (Daniel Lanois album), 2005
- "Rocket" (Def Leppard song), 1987
- "Rocket", a song by Susumu Hirasawa on the 1990 album The Ghost in Science
- "Rocket" (The Smashing Pumpkins song), 1993
- "Rocket" (El Presidente song), 2005
- "Rocket" (Mohamed Ali song), Denmark, 2009
- "Rocket" (Goldfrapp song), 2010
- "Rockit", a 1983 Herbie Hancock song
- "Rockets", a 2008 Simple Minds song
- Charles Rocket (1949–2005), American film and television actor
- Matt Bonner (born 1980), basketball player, a.k.a. the "Red Rocket"
- Pavel Bure (born 1971), former ice hockey player, a.k.a. the "Russian Rocket"
- Roger Clemens (born 1962), baseball pitcher
- Owen Hart (1965–1999), professional wrestler
- Raghib Ismail (born 1969), former professional American football and Canadian football player
- Rod Laver (born 1938), Australian tennis player
- Ronnie O'Sullivan (born 1975), snooker player
- Rodney Morris (born 1970), pool player
- Rikki Rockett (born 1961), stage name of the drummer for the rock band Poison
- Maurice Richard (1921–2000), former ice hockey player whose nickname was "the Rocket"
- Henri Richard (born 1936), former ice hockey player (brother of Maurice), a.k.a. the "Pocket Rocket"
- Ronny Rosenthal, former soccer player, a.k.a. "Rocket Ronny"
- Ryan Newman (born 1977), NASCAR driver who is referred to as "The Rocket" when he qualifies on the pole
- Valeri Bure (born 1974), former ice hockey player (brother of Pavel), a.k.a. the "Russian Pocket Rocket"
- Rocket (vegetable), a leafy vegetable (Eruca sativa) also known as arugula
- Diplotaxis tenuifolia (Wild Rocket), a leafy vegetable cultivated for its spicy flavoured leaves
- London Rocket, a herbal plant in the family Brassicaceae
- Hesperis matronalis (Dame's Rocket), a wildflower native to Eurasia, now widely cultivated in many other areas of the world
- Blue rocket, another name for aconitum
- Houston Rockets, an NBA team
- Kelowna Rockets, a Western Hockey League team
- P.E.I. Rocket, a Quebec Major Junior Hockey League team
- Toledo Rockets, the athletic teams of the University of Toledo
- Various passenger trains operated by the Chicago, Rock Island and Pacific Railroad
- Rocket, a South Devon Railway Comet class steam locomotive
- HMS Rocket, the name of eight ships of the Royal Navy and one planned ship
- Toronto Rocket (Toronto subway car), the newest articulated subway fleet for the Toronto Transit Commission's subway system
- Oldsmobile V8 engine
- Rocket stove, variety of wood-burning stove
- Smarties (wafer candy), a fruit-flavored sugar candy also known as Rocket
- Rocket (firework)
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.