Rockin' with Judy Jetson
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2010)|
|Rockin' with Judy Jetson|
|Written by||Charles M. Howell IV
|Directed by||Paul Sommer|
Jean Vander Pyl
|Country of origin||United States|
|Executive producer(s)||William Hanna
|Running time||89 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Hanna-Barbera Productions|
|Original airing||January 15, 1988|
|Preceded by||The Jetsons Meet the Flintstones|
|Followed by||Jetsons: The Movie|
Rockin' with Judy Jetson is a 1988 musical made-for-TV movie produced by Hanna-Barbera and aired in syndication as a part of the Hanna-Barbera Superstars 10 series. It is based on the animated television series The Jetsons.
Judy Jetson and her friends idolize rock star Sky Rocker and attend his concert, despite her father's disapproval of rock concerts. Judy had just written a new song and wants to give it to Sky. Meanwhile, evil space queen Felonia Funk is out to destroy music and sends her cronies, Quark and Quasar, to give Commander Comsat a message containing a code that will help Felonia find a rare crystal that will assist in her evil doings.
Sky Rocker gets the wrong song and it becomes a huge sensation, leading to Felonia's kidnapping of Sky Rocker and a group of music-loving aliens, the Zoomies, to help Judy. Meanwhile, Elroy and Astro pursue Judy as she is chased by space villains and George goes out to find his daughter.
- Charlie Adler - Quark / Zappy
- Michael Bell - Quasar
- Mel Blanc - Cosmo Spacely
- P.L. Brown - High Loopy Zoomy
- Steve Bulen - additional character voice
- Daws Butler - Elroy Jetson
- Ruth Buzzi - Felonia Funk
- Hamilton Camp - Mr. Microchips / Manny
- Selette Cole - Rhoda Starlet
- Peter Cullen - Gruff / Commander Comsat / Bouncer
- Pat Fraley - Zilchy
- Cindy McGee - Iona
- Don Messick - Astro
- Pat Musick - Starr / Fan Club President / Zowie
- George O'Hanlon - George Jetson
- Rob Paulsen - Sky Rocker / Billy Booster / Zany
- Penny Singleton - Jane Jetson
- Eric Suter - Nicky
- Jean Vander Pyl - Rosie
- Janet Waldo - Judy Jetson
- B.J. Ward - Zippy
- Beau Weaver - Ramm / Dee-Jay
|This section requires expansion. (June 2010)|
- "Rockin' 'Round the Galaxy" - Judy, Sky Rocker
- "Airport Welcome" - Judy, lona, Starr
- "Jupiter Jump" - Sky Rocker
- "Gleep Glorp" - Sky Rocker
- "Gleep Glorp" - Judy, Iona, Starr
- "Shootin' Star" - Judy, lona, Starr
- "Surfin' In Space" - Judy, lona, Starr, Zoomies
- "A House Is Not a Home" (not related to the Burt Bacharach song of the same name) - Judy
- "Rockin' 'Round the Galaxy" - Judy, Sky Rocker, Company
- "Shootin' Star" - Judy, lona, Starr, Sky Rocker, Gruff
- "Rockin' 'Round the Galaxy" - Judy, Sky Rocker, Zoomies
Hanna-Barbera Home Video released Rockin' with Judy Jetson on VHS on May 18, 1989. It is now out of print but it can still be found online via Amazon.com & eBay.
On August 9, 2011, Warner Archive released Rockin' with Judy Jetson on DVD in region 1 as part of their Hanna–Barbera Classics Collection. This is a Manufacture-on-Demand (MOD) release, available exclusively through Warner's online store and Amazon.com.
- "Release dates for Rockin' with Judy Jetson". IMDB. Retrieved April 6, 2013.
- "The Jetsons (a Titles & Air Dates Guide)". Epguides.com. Retrieved April 6, 2013.
- by Jetsons. "Rockin With Judy Jetson VHS". Amazon.com. Retrieved 2011-08-10.
- Rockin' with Judy Jetson at the Internet Movie Database
- Rockin' with Judy Jetson at the Big Cartoon Database
- "Gleep Glorp" on YouTube