|Country of origin||Germany|
Rockpalast (Rock Palace) is a German music television show that broadcasts live on German television station Westdeutscher Rundfunk (WDR). Rockpalast started in 1974 and continues to this day. Hundreds of rock and jazz bands have performed on Rockpalast. Some acts were recorded for broadcast throughout Europe and for retail sale. All-night marathon shows called "rocknights" were produced once or twice a year from 1977 through 2009. Rockpalast is involved in several German rock and underground music festivals, once sponsoring Bizarre Festival.
The founder and long-time producer of Rockpalast is Peter Rüchel.
Selected list of performers
Not all of these acts were recorded and broadcast.
- http://www.rockpalastarchiv.de/backstage/eclipsed04.html Peter Rüchel eclipsed 2004
- With an appearance by the Flying Karamazov Brothers
- Electric Light Orchestra "Live - The Early Years" for the first time on DVD. Altsounds. Retrieved 23 May 2013.
- First full show with backing band in Germany
- http://www.rockpalastarchiv.de/concert/street.html for Streetwalkers appearances
- http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/2B2jwv for set footage