|This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2012)|
The Rockwell Center is an High-End upscale mixed-use 15.5-hectare project in Makati Poblacion in Metro Manila, Philippines. It is a project of the Rockwell Land Corporation, which is owned by the Lopez family.
Location and Vicinity
The Rockwell Center was constructed on a 15.5-hectare lot previously occupied used as a thermal plant operated by the Lopez-owned Manila Electric Railroad and Light Company until its closure in 1994. The project was named after James Rockwell, the first president of MERALCO. The lot is bounded by J.P. Rizal Avenue to the north, where it faces the Pasig River, Estrella Street to the east, Rockwell Drive and Amapola Street to the south, and R. Palma Street to the west. Marking the expansion of Rockwell Center, in the property formerly known as the Colgate-Palmolive Philippines Headquarters (Now A Satellite Office Located At Two World Square Bldg In McKinley Hill Fort Bonifacio, Taguig City) The Proscenium at Rockwell, a 3.6 hectare mixed-used development that, the organization claims, will set a stage for a whole new standard of living.
Rockwell Center began its construction in 1998. The architectural firm Skidmore, Owings, Merril (SOM) carried out the design under the direction of former Design Partner Larry Oltmanns. Its centerpiece, the Power Plant Mall, opened in December 2000.
The Rockwell Center includes high-rise office buildings, condominium towers, a law and business school and a shopping mall. Among the plans for the area is the Lopez Centre, proposed to have a height of over 1000 feet, which would make it the country's tallest building. This design been abandoned in favor of a 19 storey building that will house the Lopez family holdings offices and museum. This tower was designed by Larry Oltmanns at his firm Vx3 Architects.Strategists.Urban Designers.
- Shopping Malls
- Office Buildings
- Lopez Centre (under construction)
- Nestlé Philippines Headquarters
- Phinma Plaza
- Iconique Tower of Proscenium (under construction)
- Residential buildings
- Rizal Tower
- Luna Gardens
- Amorsolo Square
- Hidalgo Place
- Edades Tower and Garden Villas
- Joya Lofts and Towers
- One Rockwell
- The Manansala
- Kirov Tower (under construction)
- Sakura Tower (under construction)
- Lincoln Tower (under construction)
- Lorraine Tower (under construction)
- List of shopping malls in the Philippines
- List of shopping malls in Metro Manila
- Ayala Center
- Eugenio Lopez, Sr.
- Lopez Centre
- "A satellite city rises in the metropolis-Philippine Daily Inquirer, 18 April 200". Retrieved 29 November 2012.
- "The Lopez Tower and Museum Breaks Ground in Rockwell Center". Retrieved 29 November 2012.
- "Vx3 Website-Lopez Centre". Retrieved 29 November 2012.
- Rockwell Center official website
- Rockwell Center at Emporis.com
- Rockwell Center satellite image on Google Maps