Rocky Mountain Holiday
Rocky Mountain Holiday is a television special and a soundtrack album of songs from the show, performed by American singer-songwriter John Denver and The Muppets. The show has Denver playing host to the extended Muppet family; he takes them up into the scenic Rockies for an excursion that includes fishing, hiking, and camping. The soundtrack album was released in November 1982. In 1984, the album was nominated for a Grammy Award for Best Album for Children, but lost to Michael Jackson's E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial Storybook.
|Rocky Mountain Holiday|
|Soundtrack album by John Denver and The Muppets|
|John Denver chronology|
Album track listing
- "Hey Old Pal"
- "Grandma’s Feather Bed"
- "She'll Be Coming 'Round the Mountain"
- "Catch Another Butterfly"
- "Down By The Old Mill Stream"
- "Durango Mountain Caballero"
- "Gone Fishin’"
- "Medley: Tumbling Tumbleweeds; Happy Trails"
- "Poems, Prayers And Promises"
- "Take ‘em Away"
- "Going Camping"
- "Home on the Range"
- "No One Like You"
|Rocky Mountain Holiday with John Denver and The Muppets|
|Created by||Henson Associates
|Directed by||Jim Henson|
|Produced by||John Denver
|Written by||Jon Stone
Joseph A. Bailey
|Music by||John Denver|
|Editing by||Peter Rudoy|
|Original airing||May 12, 1983|
John Denver takes the Muppets camping.
- John Denver as Himself
The Muppet Performers
- Jim Henson as Kermit the Frog, Rowlf the Dog, Waldorf, Zeke
- Frank Oz as Miss Piggy, Fozzie Bear, Animal, Gramps
- Jerry Nelson as Sgt. Floyd Pepper, Robin the Frog, Camilla the Chicken, Slim Wilson
- Dave Goelz as Gonzo the Great, Zoot, Lubbock Lou
- Richard Hunt as Scooter, Janice, Statler, Bubba
- Steve Whitmire as Rizzo the Rat, Giant Man-Eating Chicken
- Muppet Performers: With Frank Oz, Jerry Nelson, Dave Goelz, Richard Hunt, Steve Whitmire, Karen Prell, Kathryn Mullen
- Producers: John Denver, Jim Henson
- Director: Jim Henson
- Writers: Jon Stone, Joseph A. Bailey
- Associate Producer: Al Lowenstein
- Musical Consultan: Ray Charles
- Art Director: Gene McAvoy
- Director of Photography: George Reisenberger
- Production Consultant: Martin Baker
- Production Manager: Andy Corwin
- Production Associate: Barney Wyckoff
- Stage Manager: Carl Lauten
- Muppet Building: Caroly Wilcox, Tim Miller, Connie Peterson, Mimi Kingsley, Cheryl Blalock, Rollin Krewson
- Muppet Special Effects: Faz Fazakas, Dick Loveless, Tom Newby, Larry Jameson
- Muppet Costumes: Polly Smith, Barbara Davis, Deborah Lombardi
- Assistant to the Producer: Stephanie Chaffin
- Production Assistant: Ritamarie Peruggi
- Assistant Art Director: David Kelly
- Technical Supervisors: Tom Kyle, Bob Kaufman
- Technical Director/Video: John Field
- Audio: Doug Nelson
- Recording Engineer: Roger Nichols
- Cameramen: Dave Levisohn, John King
- Audio Assistant: Murray Siegel
- Gaffer: Dennis Rudge
- Videotape Editor: Peter Rudoy
- Executive Producer: Jerry Weintraub
Home media releases