Rocky Mountain Rollergirls
|Metro area||Denver, CO|
|Teams||Red Ridin' Hoods
Sugar Kill Gang
United States Pummeling Service
5280 Fight Club (travel)
Project Mayhem (travel)
|Venue||Fillmore Auditorium, Denver, CO|
The Rocky Mountain Rollergirls, or RMRG, are a women's flat-track roller derby league based in Denver, Colorado. The league was founded in 2004. The Rocky Mountain Rollergirls are a member of the Women's Flat Track Derby Association (WFTDA).
The RMRG league is composed of 4 home teams and 3 travel teams. Home teams are the Red Ridin' Hoods, the Sugar Kill Gang, United States Pummeling Service, and Dooms Daisies. All-stars from those teams form the interleague A travel team, the 5280 Fight Club, which competes against other roller derby leagues for rankings. A second (B) travel team, the Contenders, consists of Fight Club alternates and other league skaters. The latest Rocky Mountain Rollergirls travel team is Project Mayhem.
The Rocky Mountain Rollergirls handed the Oly Rollers their first ever defeat to finish first in the 2010 WFTDA Western Regional Tournament. Just over a month later, Rocky Mountain faced Oly again in a rematch for the 2010 WFTDA Championship. In one of the most intense games in WFTDA history, Rocky Mountain beat Oly again by a score of 147-146 to claim their first WFTDA Championship. Prior to meeting Oly in the finals, Rocky Mountain's 5280 Fight Club had to get past previously-undefeated Gotham (113-79) in the semi-finals.
The Rocky Mountain Rollergirls finished second in the 2009 WFTDA Western Regional Tournament, which they co-hosted with the Denver Roller Dolls, qualifying them to compete in the 2009 National Tournament.
At the 2009 National Tournament, the 5280 Fight Club defeated Houston Roller Derby in the first round by a score of 239-46. In the second round, RMRG beat the Philly Rollergirls Liberty Belles in overtime, 128-121, eliminating Philly from the tournament. In the third round, the 5280 Fight Club lost to the Texas Rollergirls 139-82, with Texas advancing to the championship bout and Rocky Mountain going to the third-place bout. Finally, the Rocky Mountain Rollergirls lost to the Denver Roller Dolls in their second matchup ever, 151-103, to finish in fourth place for the tournament.
- "Current Rankings", WFTDA
- "12/8/2006 WFTDA National Rankings" at the Wayback Machine (archived February 23, 2007), WFTDA [version of 23 February 2007]
- "February 2006 Dust Devil Invitational Rankings" at the Wayback Machine (archived February 23, 2007), WFTDA [version of 23 February 2007]
- "Current WFTDA Rankings", Derby News Network, October 2007
- "Dust Devil 2007", Flat Track Stats
- "Battle Royale", Flat Track Stats
- "Derby on the rocks 2009 Western Regionals", WFTDA
- "Declaration of Derby", WFTDA
- "Rollin’ on the River 2010 West Region Playoffs", WFTDA
- "Uproar on the Lakeshore", WFTDA
- "Bridgetown Brawl WFTDA 2011 West Region Playoffs", WFTDA
- Michael Frighten'd, "Championships Quarterfinal: 1E Gotham Fends Off 2W Rocky Mountain, 187-134", Derby News Network, November 12, 2011
|WFTDA Championship winners
Gotham Girls Roller Derby
|WFTDA Western Regional Tournament winners