|Born||upstate New York|
|Weight||175 lb (12 st 7 lb; 79 kg)|
Rod Barry (also: Rob deBaer, Rod Berry, Rod) is the stage name of a pornographic actor from the United States who has been credited in more than 150 pornographic films and internet-based shows since entering the industry in 1996. Most of Barry's appearances have been in the gay pornography genre, but he has also appeared in bisexual, transsexual and heterosexual videos. Barry has also worked as a model and dancer. He currently lives in Brooklyn, New York.
Awards and nominations
- 1997 Gay Erotic Video Awards nominee for Best Newcomer.
- 1998 Gay Erotic Video Awards nominee for Best Top.
- 1998 Grabby Awards winner of Best Supporting Actor in "A Lesson Learned" (All Worlds Video).
- 2002 Grabby Awards nominee for Best Supporting Actor, Best Duo Sex Scene and Best Trio Sex Scene.
- 2002 GayVN Awards winner of Best Supporting Actor in "White Trash".
- 2004 GayVN Awards winner of Best Group Scene with Johnny Hazzard, Theo Blake, Alex LeMonde, Kyle Lewis, Dillon Press, Troy Punk, Shane Rollins, Rob Romoni, Anthony Shaw, Sebastian Tauza in "Bolt" (Rascal Video).
- 2005 GayVN Awards nominee for Best Actor in "Thirst".
- 2006 Grabby Awards winner of Hottest Versatile Performer.
- 2008 GayVN Awards inducted into the Hall of Fame.
Barry won a Grabby Award for Best Supporting Actor in 1998 for his performance in "A Lesson Learned" and the Best Supporting Actor award at the GayVN Awards for "White Trash". He has worked for many leading directors, including Chi Chi LaRue, John Rutherford, Wash West, Steven Scarborough, Michael Zen, Mike Donner, and Doug Jeffries. In 2005 he directed his first gay adult video, Down The Drain, for All Worlds Video. Since then he has directed a series of "Argentinean Auditions" 1 and 2 for the studio. He was inducted into the GayVN Hall of Fame at the 10th annual award ceremony in February 2008. In 2008 he launched RodBarryWorld.com, a video on demand website.
His first movie was "The Few, The Proud, The Naked #8".
Barry's sexual identity has been frequently the topic of some debate. At the beginning of his career, in an interview with director Jerry Douglas in Manshots magazine (June 1998), Barry told Douglas when he was asked, "I wouldn't say, heterosexual. I'd say sexual. Sexual is you like an orgasm and you don't care how you get it." (p. 73)
In 2009, Barry wrote about his recovery from alcohol abuse.
- Beach Buns
- Beach Head
- Born 2 Be Bad
- Brad'$ Buddie$ (2002, Forest Films/Premier Pictures)
- Bringing Out Brother (2002, All Worlds)
- Chain of Command
- Fine Bi Me
- A Lesson Learned
- White Trash
- The New Coach
- Mercury Rising
- Getting It Straight
- Forced Entry
- Return to Fire Island
- That Dick is Huge
- Argentinean Auditions
- Argentinean Auditions #2
- Down the Drain
- Rod Barry at the Internet Adult Film Database
- "1997 Gay Video Guide's Gay Erotic Video Awards". RAD Video. 1 December 1997.
- "1998 Gay Erotic Video Awards (nominations)". RAD Video.
- "The 2002 Grabby Awards Nominations". Grabby Awards Show. Archived from the original on June 4, 2004.
- "GayVN Awards past winners (select year from droplist)". AVN.
- "2005 GayVN Nominations". 1 February 2006.
- "December RAD Boy Focus: Andy Kirra". RAD. 2005-12-01. Retrieved 2010-02-22.
- Keeneye Reeves. "Feature: 2008 GayVN Award Winners (winners and nominations)". TLA Video.
- "rod barry - porn director - filmography". internet adult film database. Retrieved 2010-02-22.
- JC Adams (2008-08-12). "It’s Rod Barry’s World…". Gay Porn Times. Retrieved 2010-02-22.
- The Few, The Proud, The Naked #8 listing on IAFD.
- "Rod Barry World Blog: How I Became a Porn Star". Rodbarryworld. 2009-03-02. Retrieved 2010-02-22.
- JC Adams (2009-01-08). "Rod Barry Enters Rehab for Alcohol Abuse". Gay Porn Times. Retrieved 2010-02-22.