|Full name||Rodney Francis Ellingworth|
August 11, 1972 |
Burnley, Lancashire, England
|Discipline||Track and road|
UV Aube (France)
Rod Ellingworth (born 11 August 1972, Burnley, Lancashire) is a coach for the Team Sky professional cycling team, and from January 2013 their performance manager, responsible for overseeing the sports directors and race coaches.
Ellingworth competed as a professional cyclist between 1995 and 1997 and represented his country several times at international events.
He was the coach for British Cycling's U23 Academy '100% ME' team based in Tuscany, Italy.[when?] At the end of 2008 he was promoted to the role of senior endurance coach, with the aim to creating a team and a rider strong enough to win the men's world road race championships.
Mark Cavendish is one of the riders who has been influenced by Ellingworth with Cavendish stating in several interviews that he had learnt a lot from Ellingworth, and not only about cycling. Ellingworth has also led the National team to several stage victories in the Tour of Britain in 2007. Ellingworth worked on Cavendish's hill climbing by motorcycling up a hill and making him chase him to the top.
- 2nd Tom Simpson Memorial Race
- 9th Girvan 3 day 'Premier Calendar' race
- 1st Stage 2, Girvan 3 day 'Premier Calendar' race
- 1st Point Competition, Girvan 3 day 'Premier Calendar' race
- 3rd Stage 2, Girvan 3 day 'Premier Calendar' race
- 1st Tour of the Kingdom, Dunfermline
- 1st Stage 1, Tour of the Kingdom, Dunfermline
- 2nd East Riding of Yorkshire Classic (2 day) 'Premier Calendar' race
- 3rd Stage 1, East Riding of Yorkshire Classic (2 day) 'Premier Calendar' race
- 2nd Stage 2, East Riding of Yorkshire Classic (2 day) 'Premier Calendar' race
- 3rd Girvan 3 day 'Premier Calendar' race
- 2nd Stage 1, Girvan 3 day 'Premier Calendar' race
- 3rd Stage 3, Girvan 3 day 'Premier Calendar' race
- Witham Wheelers' Press release, 16 December 2003
- Old Photographs on Cherry Valley RT's website
- "Performance Manager". Team Sky. Retrieved 18 January 2013.
- Cycling sets gold standard BBC 12 March 2007
- Cavendish takes twin-track approach to Tour de France and Olympic success, Simon Hart The Telegraph, 3 June 2007
- List of ToB Teams, 2007
- Ellingworth, Rod (2013). Project Rainbow: How British Cycling Reached the Top of the World. London: Faber & Faber. ISBN 978-0-571-30349-6. Retrieved 1 November 2013.