||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2013)|
|Born||Rodney G. Rowland
February 20, 1964
Newport Beach, California, U.S.
|Other names||Rod Rowland|
Rodney G. Rowland (born February 20, 1964) is an American actor. He is credited as Rod Rowland in more recent productions, given his predilection to being called Rod. Rowland's most noted appearances to date were as 1st Lieutenant Cooper Hawkes in 1995's Space: Above and Beyond and P. Wiley in The 6th Day, starring Arnold Schwarzenegger.
Born in Newport Beach, California, Rowland is the youngest of 4 children and the son of a minister. After brief time as a student on a watersport scholarship at Pepperdine University, Rowland went to Europe and worked as a model for Haute Couture labels like Gucci, Versace, and J.Crew. On the suggestion of Bruce Weber, he began taking acting classes and took on roles in film and theater.
Rowland's first big break was in James Wong and Glen Morgan's science fiction war drama, Space: Above and Beyond in 1995. Despite auditions that were disastrous, Morgan and Wong brought Rowland on board to play the genetically engineered InVitro Cooper Hawkes. During the shoot for the episode "Who Monitors the Birds?", he became ill due to over work, succumbing to two bouts of exhaustion and bronchitis.
Rowland would later work with Wong and Morgan again on The X-Files in the season four episode "Never Again", appearing alongside Gillian Anderson. His character, Ed Jerse, emotionally connects with Anderson's Dana Scully and encourages her to have a small Ouroboros snake tattooed on the small of her back. Rowland would later date Anderson until 1998.
Rowland is well known for playing villainous roles due to his rugged looks. He appeared in a recurring role on Veronica Mars portraying Liam Fitzpatrick, a lead character of the Irish gang and family of crime, the Fighting Fitzpatricks.
- 2013 Savaged
- 2007 I Know Who Killed Me
- 2005 Mr. Fix It as Tip (credited as Rod Rowland)
- 2003 Shade as Jeff (credited as Rod Rowland)
- 2002 Run For The Money (aka Hard Cash) as Butch (credited as Rod Rowland)
- 2001 Soulkeeper (aka Our Souls To Keep & Chosen Ones) as Corey Mahoney
- 2001 Air Panic as Neil McCabe
- 2000 The 6th Day as P. Wiley.
- 2000 Dancing at the Blue Iguana as Charlie
- 1996 Marshal Law as Butchie
- 1996 Hearts Adrift as Rowdy Heller
- 1995 Just Looking as Lech
- 1995 If Someone Had Known as Doug Petit
- 2013 Castle episode Time Will Tell as Mick Linden (credited as Rod Rowland)
- 2012 Criminal Minds episode Closing Time as Doug Summers
- 2007 Weeds recurring as Ches (credited as Rod Rowland)
- 2006 Veronica Mars recurring as Liam Fitzpatrick (credited as Rod Rowland)
- 2006 Bones episode The Man with the Bone as Dane McGinnis
- 2006 The O.C. episode The Road Warrior as Jack Harper
- 2006 Without a Trace episode Patient X as Vince Weaver (credited as Rod Rowland)
- 2004 Charmed episode Hyde School Reunion #6.17 as Rick Gittridge (credited as Rod Rowland)
- 2003 Angel episode Conviction #5.01 as Corbin Fries (credited as Rod Rowland)
- 2002 Fastlane episode Gone Native as Dallas (credited as Rod Rowland)
- 2002 V.I.P. episode A True Val Story as Ryan Hill
- 2002 Strong Medicine episode Shock as abusive husband
- 2001 C.S.I. episode You've Got Male as Gavin Pollard
- 2001 Seven Days episode Crystal Blue Perfection as Cdr. W. Streck
- 2000 Dark Angel episode 411 on the DL #1.05 as husband
- 1998 To Have & to Hold episode These Boots Were Made For Walking as Paolo
- 1998 Welcome to Paradox episode "The Extra" as Daniel Gray/C-7
- 1998 Pensacola: Wings of Gold starring as Lt. Bobby "Chaser" Griffin
- 1997 X-Files in episode "Never Again" #4.13 as Ed Jerse
- 1996 Space: Above and Beyond starring as 1st Lt. Cooper Hawkes
- 1994 Baywatch episode Fire by Fire #5.21 as beach hobo
- According to the State of California. California Birth Index, 1905-1995. Center for Health Statistics, California Department of Health Services, Sacramento, California. At Ancestry.com
- Rodney Rowland Biography (1964-)
- Rodney Rowland at AllMovie
- Rodney Rowland at the Internet Movie Database
- Rodney Rowland at TVGuide.com