Rod Santiago's The Sisters
|Rod Santiago's The Sisters|
|Created by||Associated Broadcasting Company
Rod A. Santiago
|Directed by||Joyce Bernal
sung by Faith Cuneta
|Country of origin||Philippines|
|Original language(s)||Filipino, Tagalog, English|
|No. of episodes||40|
|Executive producer(s)||Manuel V. Pangilinan|
|Running time||30 minutes|
|Original channel||Associated Broadcasting Company (TV5)|
|Original release||July 18, 2011– September 9, 2011|
Rod Santiago's The Sisters is the first TV adaptation of the classic Pinoy comic series written by Rod Santiago, which is the third dramaserye aired in Philippines by TV5 and starred by Nadine Samonte along with Leandro Muñoz and is directed by Joyce Bernal and Argel Joseph. The show marks Nadine Samonte's first project in TV5.
It features the compelling story of twins Cristina and Bella Santiago whose relationship is put to the test with the consequences of their personal choices and the obstacles that fate brings their way.
The Santiago twins may look exactly alike, but beneath their identical faces lies an extreme difference that entails their twisted fate. Cristina and Bella will also fall prey to the scheming ways of their vindictive aunt Socorro (Rio Locsin), who will stop at nothing to take everything from the sisters and their family. This new primetime series also brings back one of the most talented actors and sought after leading men to popular dramatic actresses, Leandro Muñoz. Portraying the role of the twins’ childhood friend Rafael, his character will be enmeshed in a complicated love triangle that will greatly affect the bond between the two sisters.
- Nadine Samonte as Bella /Christina
- Leandro Muñoz as Rafael Leonidez
- James Blanco as Dennis
- Wendell Ramos as Dr. Arnel Moran
- Eddie Garcia as Mayor Enrique Zialcita
- Rio Locsin as Socorro Santiago
- Zoren Legaspi as Fidel Santiago
- Lotlot de Leon as Soledad Santiago
- Alicia Alonzo as Yaya Maxima
- Susan Africa as Carlota Zialcita
- Tanya Garcia
- Perla Bautista
- Andrea del Rosario
- Victor Silayan as Warren Zialcita
- Eula Caballero as Sheila
- Edgar Allan Guzman as Jimmy
- Rocky Gutierrez as Fredo
- Jestoni Alarcon as Eduardo Santiago
- Angel Jacob as Leticia Santiago
- Bobby Andrews as Young Enrique
- Meg Imperial as Young Socorro
- Paul Montecillo as Young Fidel
- Morisette Amon as Young Carlota
The Santiago Family
- Eduardo Santiago
- Leticia Santiago
- Socorro Santiago
- Fidel Santiago
- Soledad Santiago
- Cristina Santiago
- Bella Santiago
Rod Santiago’s The Sister's theme song is an exceptional rendition of the song Hiram performed by Faith Cuneta with Gerald Salonga’s Philharmonic Orchestra.
- Both Lotlot De Leon and Zoren Legaspi have worked on GMA-7s recently ended Afternoon Drama Nita Negrita.
- It is also Leandro Munoz comeback to Primetime Television via TV5 after 1999-2001 he starred in the ABS-CBN's Primetime Soap Saan Ka Man Naroroon & Sa Dulo Ng Walang Hanggan which ran from 2001-2003 after 8 years.
- This marks Nadine Samonte's first Primetime Soap for TV5 after her transfer from GMA Network. Her final project in the said network is My Lover, My Wife.
- It is also the Fourth Primetime Television Series for TV5 replacing the successful Primetime Offering Babaeng Hampaslupa, Mga Nagbabagang Bulaklak and My Driver Sweet Lover.
- The First Primetime TV Series filmed and shot in HD.
- This is newcomer Victor Silayan's first acting role. He has been seen in commercials such as Lucky Me! and StressTabs. He also took part in the Bench Uncut Fashion Show. He is related to former Beauty Queen, and late Chat Silayan and actor Vic Silayan.
- This Theme song used on its same name of the theme song which aired in ABS-CBN way back in 2004.