October 16, 1955 |
Santa Monica, California
|Height||6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)|
|Weight||170 lb (77 kg)|
|Club||Fullerton Area Swim Club|
|College team||University of Southern California|
Rodney Strachan (born October 16, 1955) is an American former swimmer and Olympic champion. He competed at the 1976 Olympic Games in Montreal, Quebec, where he received a gold medal in the 400-meter individual medley event. He received a silver medal in the same event at the 1973 World Aquatics Championships in Belgrade.
Strachan held the 400-meter medley (long course) world record (4:23.68) from July 1976 to August 1978.
- List of Olympic medalists in swimming (men)
- List of World Aquatics Championships medalists in swimming (men)
- World record progression 400 metres individual medley
- "1976 Olympics – Montreal, Canada – Swimming" – databaseOlympics.com (Retrieved on May 2, 2008)
- Rod Strachan – Olympic athlete profile at Sports-Reference.com
|This article about a swimming Olympic medalist of the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|