Rod Underhill is an attorney and author who has written books about the Internet and MP3 technology and who was also a founder of MP3.com. His books include “The Complete Idiot’s Guide to MP3” and “The Complete Idiot's Guide to Making Millions on the Internet”, each written with Nat Gertler .
Rod Underhill was born on October 7, 1953 and practiced law in California from 1980 until 1998, when he cofounded MP3.com.
Since leaving MP3.com, Underhill has served as a law professor at Thomas Jefferson School of Law and in 2008 was awarded a Webby Award (People's Voice Award) for his work as cofounder of Podlinez.com.
- The Complete Idiot's Guide to MP3 (with Nat Gertler), Que Books, 2000 (ISBN 0789720361).
- The Complete Idiot's Guide to Making Millions on the Internet (with Nat Gertler), Que Books, 2001 (ISBN 978-0-7897-2298-0).
- MP3: Musica En Internet Facil (Spanish language version of Guide to MP3,) Que Books, 2001 (ISBN 9789684444621) .
- MP3 (French language variation of Guide to MP3), Campuspress (Paris, France), 2000 (ISBN 2744008257).
- MP3 : muzyka w Internecie nie tylko dla orłów (Polish language edition of Guide to MP3) Intersoftland, (Warsaw, Poland), 2000 (ISBN 8372600074)