Rod Underhill is an attorney and author who has written books about the Internet and MP3 technology and who was also a founder of MP3.com. His books include “The Complete Idiot’s Guide to MP3” and “The Complete Idiot's Guide to Making Millions on the Internet”, each written with Nat Gertler .
Rod Underhill was born on October 7, 1953 and practiced law in California from 1980 until 1998, when he cofounded MP3.com. A musician, his album “Science Friction,” released internationally as an attachment to his book on MP3 technology, was the first all MP3 format CD released by a major publisher and resulted in his induction into the National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences .
Since leaving MP3.com, Underhill has served as a law professor at Thomas Jefferson School of Law and in 2008 was awarded a Webby Award (People's Voice Award) for his work as cofounder of Podlinez.com.
- The Complete Idiot's Guide to MP3 (with Nat Gertler), Que Books, 2000 (ISBN 0789720361).
- The Complete Idiot's Guide to Making Millions on the Internet (with Nat Gertler), Que Books, 2001 (ISBN 0789722980).
- MP3: Musica En Internet Facil (Spanish language version of Guide to MP3,) Que Books, 2001 (ISBN 9789684444621) .
- MP3 (French language variation of Guide to MP3), Campuspress (Paris, France), 2000 (ISBN 2744008257).
- MP3 : muzyka w Internecie nie tylko dla orłów (Polish language edition of Guide to MP3) Intersoftland, (Warsaw, Poland), 2000 (ISBN 8372600074)
- w3w3.com interview
- http://www.amazon.co.uk/Complete-Idiots-Guide-Music-Internet/dp/0789720361 Review of Book and CD contents
- Webby Award for Podlinez.com
- Thomas Jefferson School of Law
- Reference as MP3.com cofounder
- Rockies Venture club
- 100 Greatest Album List
- Canned Heat Artist Covers Underhill Song
- Underhill and Michael Robertson condemned for their treatment of artists on MP3.com
"Rod Underhill and Michael Robertson are two men who went through enormous effort several years ago to hide and censor the truth concerning the earnings of numerous MP3.com artists when it was in its Golden age..."
- Elance Interviews Rod Underhill
- Underhill Artist Review Quoted by Press
- Polish language article
- Motion Study for the 21st Century, by Rod Underhill