Roderick L. Evans
|This biographical article relies too much on references to primary sources. (December 2013)|
|Roderick Levi Evans|
Roderick Levi Evans, 2014
|Born||Roderick L. Evans
Boynton Beach, Fl U.S.
|Pen name||R.L. Evans, The Refined Poet|
|Occupation||Bible teacher, author, singer-songwriter, poet, musician|
|Spouse||Letitia L. Evans|
|Children||Seth E. Evans|
Roderick Levi Evans is an author, lecturer, bible teacher, and Christian apologist. Evans is the founder of Abundant Truth International Ministries. Evans has written numerous books, articles, blogs, and poetry. His writings focus on orthodox Christianity, evangelical doctrines as well as charismatic/Pentecostal studies. He is best known for his teachings and books on apostolic and prophetic ministries, apologetics, doctrinal studies, as well as leadership. Evans is also a psalmist, singer-songwriter, acoustic guitarist, and poet. He currently resides in Elizabeth City, North Carolina.
Roderick L. Evans was born in Boynton Beach, Florida. He was raised in Delray Beach, Florida being the middle child, having one older brother and a younger sister. He describes his early life as challenging. Evans attended Atlantic Community High School and during his junior year of school he became a born again Christian in 1992. He attended the Church of God by Faith located in Delray Beach, Florida. After his conversion, he felt a personal call to ministry and started preaching in 1996.
Roderick L. Evans ministry style is described as forceful and upright. He is known for saying, "Well, while I'm there..." After a move to North Carolina in 1999, he began Kingdom Builders International Ministries in 1999, formally establishing it in 2001. However, in the fall of 2013, he ended Kingdom Builders International and began Abundant Truth International Ministries: a prophetic ministry with an emphasis on Christian apologetics. Aside from his ministry, he is blogger and article writer. He was a featured contributor Revelife.com (an online Christian mag) and writes articles for Hubpages.
Roderick L. Evans is a self-taught guitarist and songwriter. He was inspired to learn how to play the guitar through a dream. Since then, he has written numerous songs for the Christian community, and performing by the name of R.L. Evans with the moniker "Mikhtam Maestro." The focus of his published works is to inspire those in the Christian faith.
During a time of illness, he began to write poetry to keep himself motivated. From this, he began to learn different styles and also read and perform poetry. To distinguish this from his ministry, he developed the pen and performing name, "The Refined Poet". His motto for his poetry is “Write to inspire. Write to express. Write to live.”
He describes himself as a poet in this way, "I create poetry under the pseudonym of The Refined Poet due to the style of my writings. I do not write from a place of angst, frustration, or inner turmoil. My poetry comes from biblical, thoughtful introspection and consideration of various topics while respecting the many forms of the poetic genre."
- 2005 If They Be Prophets: An Examination of the Prophetic Office and Gift
- 2005 When God Says No: Understanding the Fatherhood of God
- 2006 No Other Foundation: Exploring the Apostolic and Prophetic Anointings
- 2006 Out of Egypt Into Canaan: Forgetting the Failures of the Past
- 2009 The Call to Serve: An Examination of the Deacon and Servant's Ministry in the Church
- 2010 Precepts for Kingdom Living: Protocols and Perspectives in the Kingdom of God
- 2012 The Mystery of God: A Biblical Approach to Understanding the Godhead
- 2008 Do You Know What Time It Is?
- 2008 First Class Discipleship
- 2009 The Authenticity of the Faith
- 2009 Appreciate the Ascension
- 2010 A Force Called Favor
- 2008 What's In a Name?
- 2008 Stay in the Ark
- 2010 A Force Called Favor
- 2010 A Grieving Glory
- 2012 The Unknown God: The Call to Outreach and Evangelism
- 2013 Drowning Hostage on a Football Field
- Roderick L. Evans at Goodreads