|No. 5 – Utah Jazz|
October 20, 1992 |
|Listed height||6 ft 8 in (2.03 m)|
|Listed weight||215 lb (98 kg)|
|High school||Meridian (Meridian, Mississippi)|
|College||Mississippi State (2011–2012)
|NBA draft||2014 / Round: 1 / Pick: 23rd overall|
|Selected by the Utah Jazz|
|Career highlights and awards|
Rodney Hood (born October 20, 1992) is an American professional basketball player who currently plays for the Utah Jazz of the NBA. He played college basketball at Mississippi State University and Duke University.
High school career
As a junior, he averaged 22.1 points, 6.2 rebounds and 4.4 assists per game while leading his team to the Class 6A championship game. As a senior, he averaged 24.8 points, 8.6 rebounds, 6.4 assists, 3.1 steals and 2.0 blocks per game as he guided Meridian to the Class 6A championship and a 29-2 record.
In October 2010, he committed to Mississippi State University.
In his freshman season at Mississippi State, Hood was named to the 2012 SEC All-Freshman Team. In 32 games (29 starts), he averaged 10.3 points, 4.8 rebounds and 2.0 assists in 32.8 minutes per game.
In April 2014, he declared for the NBA draft, forgoing his final two years of college eligibility.
- Rodney Hood – Yahoo! Sports
- #5 Rodney Hood
- Rodney Hood commits to Bulldogs
- Rodney Hood to transfer to Duke
- Mississippi State's Rodney Hood makes Duke transfer official
- After waiting a year, Duke’s Rodney Hood is ready to lead
- Rodney Hood Stats
- Duke forward Rodney Hood officially declares for the 2014 NBA Draft
- Welcome to Utah, Danté Exum and Rodney Hood
- Jazz Signs First-Round Picks Danté Exum and Rodney Hood