Rodrigo Lehtinen (born Amanda Michelle Lehtinen on April 1, 1986 in Miami, Florida) is a Cuban-American, transgender LGBT rights advocate. Lehtinen is the elder child of lawyer Dexter Lehtinen and congresswoman Ileana Ros-Lehtinen, and is the first openly transgender child of a member of Congress.
At Brown University Lehtinen was a member of Queer Alliance. While attending Brown University, he produced the documentary Free Within These Walls, about Cuban prisoners of conscience. Lehtinen was a field organizer for the National Gay and Lesbian Task Force. Later, he worked as the Membership Director at Gender Justice LA, a grassroots organization that works to build the power of the transgender community in Los Angeles through community organizing and leadership development. He also worked in fundraising at Liberty Hill Foundation and organized a transgender leadership development conference with the Transgender Law Center. He is now a professional fundraiser at GLAAD, an LGBT media advocacy organization.
- "Ileana Ros-Lehtinen Opens Up About Her Son, The First Trans Child Of A Member Of Congress". The Huffington Post. Retrieved 19 November 2014.
- * The Miami Herald; "Gay Rights Group will honor Two Lawmakers", by Steve Rothaus; March 17, 2010, p. 1B.
- "GLAAD's Staff". GLAAD. Retrieved 19 November 2014.
- Diario de las Americas; Evento de Reconocimiento an Amanda Lehtinen; November 19, 2009
- Providence Journal; "Latin American Film Festival: Cuba in the Spotlight"; September 25, 2009
- The Brown Daily Herald; "Tamer Starf*ck Yields Little Trouble" by Scott Lowenstein; March 19, 2007
- The Miami Herald; "How Family, Job Altered Politico's Stance on Gays"; May 24, 2003, p. 1E
|This biography related to lesbian, gay, bisexual, or transgender history or culture is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|