Roebling, New Jersey
|Roebling, New Jersey|
Map of the former Florence-Roebling CDP in Burlington County. Inset: Location of Burlington County in New Jersey.
|• Total||1.173 sq mi (3.036 km2)|
|• Land||1.008 sq mi (2.610 km2)|
|• Water||0.165 sq mi (0.426 km2) 14.07%|
|Elevation||43 ft (13 m)|
|Population (2010 Census)|
|• Density||3,687.1/sq mi (1,423.6/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||Eastern (EDT) (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||02584023|
Roebling is a census-designated place (CDP) and unincorporated community located within Florence Township, in Burlington County, New Jersey, United States, that was established as part of the 2010 United States Census. As of the 2000 United States Census, the CDP was combined as Florence-Roebling, which had a total population of 8,200. As of the 2010 Census, the Florence-Roebling CDP was split into its components, Florence (with a population of 4,426) and Roebling. As of the 2010 Census, the population of the Florence CDP was 4,426.
Florence CDP is located at United States Census Bureau, the CDP had a total area of 1.173 square miles (3.036 km2), of which, 1.008 square miles (2.610 km2) of it is land and 0.165 square miles (0.426 km2) of it (14.07%) is water.(40.117217,-74.777844). According to the
|Population source: 2010|
At the 2010 United States Census, there were 3,715 people, 1,410 households, and 964.4 families residing in the CDP. The population density was 3,687.1 per square mile (1,423.6/km2). There were 1,481 housing units at an average density of 1,469.9 per square mile (567.5/km2). The racial makeup of the CDP was 83.28% (3,094) White, 8.51% (316) Black or African American, 0.32% (12) Native American, 4.63% (172) Asian, 0.00% (0) Pacific Islander, 0.48% (18) from other races, and 2.77% (103) from two or more races. Hispanics or Latinos of any race were 4.74% (176) of the population.
There were 1,410 households, of which 33.5% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 47.6% were married couples living together, 16.0% had a female householder with no husband present, and 31.6% were non-families. 25.1% of all households were made up of individuals, and 8.0% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.63 and the average family size was 3.19.
In the CDP, 24.8% of the population were under the age of 18, 7.4% from 18 to 24, 29.5% from 25 to 44, 27.2% from 45 to 64, and 11.1% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 37.7 years. For every 100 females there were 88.3 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 86.7 males.
Roebling Steel Mill
Roebling was founded by Charles Roebling, son of John A. Roebling. John A. Roebling & Sons company built and provided the steel for the Brooklyn Bridge, the Golden Gate Bridge, as well as numerous other bridges including one over Niagara Falls.
The steel mill was also responsible for the production of the elevator cables for the Empire State Building in New York City, the Chicago Board of Trade Building in Chicago and the Washington Monument in Washington, D.C. John A. Roebling & Sons company made the wire for the original slinky as well.
- Gazetteer of New Jersey Places, United States Census Bureau. Accessed June 13, 2013.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Roebling Census Designated Place, Geographic Names Information System. Accessed June 19, 2012.
- DP-1 - Profile of General Population and Housing Characteristics: 2010 Demographic Profile Data for Roebling CDP, Burlington County, New Jersey, United States Census Bureau. Accessed June 19, 2012.
- Look Up a ZIP Code for Roebling, NJ, United States Postal Service. Accessed June 19, 2012.
- American FactFinder, United States Census Bureau. Accessed September 4, 2014.
- A Cure for the Common Codes: New Jersey, Missouri Census Data Center. Accessed June 19, 2012.
- US Board on Geographic Names, United States Geological Survey. Accessed September 4, 2014.
- GCT-PH1 - Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place from the 2010 Census Summary File 1 for Burlington County, New Jersey, United States Census Bureau. Accessed June 17, 2013.
- 2006-2010 American Community Survey Geography for New Jersey, United States Census Bureau. Accessed June 17, 2013.
- New Jersey: 2010 - Population and Housing Unit Counts - 2010 Census of Population and Housing (CPH-2-32), United States Census Bureau, p. III-3, August 2012. Accessed June 17, 2013. "Burlington County — Annexations from MCDs: Medford Lakes borough from Medford township; New CDPs: Florence (formed from part of deleted Florence-Roebling CDP), Juliustown (formed from part of Fort Dix CDP and additional area), and Roebling (formed from part of deleted Florence-Roebling CDP); Deleted CDPs: Florence-Roebling (split to form Florence and Roebling CDPs)"
- DP-1 - Profile of General Demographic Characteristics: 2000 from Census 2000 Summary File 1 (SF 1) 100-Percent Data for Florence-Roebling CDP, New Jersey, United States Census Bureau. Accessed June 17, 2013.
- DP-1 - Profile of General Population and Housing Characteristics: 2010 Demographic Profile Data for Florence CDP, New Jersey, United States Census Bureau. Accessed June 15, 2013.
- US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990, United States Census Bureau. Accessed September 4, 2014.
- Burlington County Bus / Rail Connections, New Jersey Transit, backed up by the Internet Archive as of June 26, 2010. Accessed June 17, 2013.