Roger Backhouse (economist)
Backhouse is an Associate Editor of the New Palgrave Dictionary of Economics (2008) and is also Book Review Editor of the Economic Journal, an editor of the Journal of Economic Methodology and an Associate Editor of the Journal of the History of Economic Thought.
Backhouse is a noted scholar in the history of economics and economic methodology and has published in the economics of Keynes, disequilibrium macroeconomics, and the history of recent (post-1945) social science. In 2014 he was elected a Fellow of the British Academy. 
Qualifications: B.Sc. in Economics and Economic History (University of Bristol); Ph.D. in Economics (University of Birmingham).
- (1985) A History of Modern Economic Analysis, Oxford: Blackwell
- (1994) Economists and the Economy 2nd ed., New Brunswick: Transaction
- (1997) Truth and Progress in Economic Knowledge, Cheltenham: Edward Elgar
- (1991) Applied UK Macroeconomics Blackwell Publishers
- (2001) Macroeconomics and the Real World Volume 1: Econometric Techniques and Macroeconomics and Volume 2: Keynesian Economics, Unemployment, and Policy, Oxford University Press Edited by Roger E. Backhouse and Andrea Salanti
- (2010) The History of the Social Sciences since 1945, Cambridge University Press, Edited by Roger E. Backhouse and Philippe Fontaine.
- "British Academy announces 42 new fellows". Times Higher Education. 18 July 2014. Retrieved 18 July 2014.
- Journal of the History of Economic Thought (1992), 14:271-277 Cambridge University Press On Roger E. Backhouse's “How Should We Approach the History of Economic Thought, Fact, Fiction or Moral Tale?” Comment: Thicker is Better E. Roy Weintraub