Roger Craig Smith
|Roger Craig Smith|
August 11, 1975 |
Orange County, California, U.S.
|Alma mater||Chapman University|
|Notable work||Assassin's Creed
as Ezio Auditore da Firenze
as Steve Rogers/Captain America
as Chris Redfield
Sonic the Hedgehog
as Sonic the Hedgehog
Batman: Arkham Origins
Roger Craig Smith (born August 11, 1975) is an American voice actor. He is generally known as the current voice behind Chris Redfield in the Resident Evil series, as Ezio Auditore da Firenze in the Assassin's Creed games, as Deidara in the anime Naruto: Shippuden, the current voice of Steve Rogers/Captain America in Ultimate Spider-Man, the series Avengers Assemble, and Iron Man & Captain America: Heroes United, Thomas in Regular Show, Percy and Belson in Clarence, the voice of Batman in the video games Batman: Arkham Origins and Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate and Kyle Crane from Dying Light 
Smith was born in Orange County, California. He graduated from Chapman University's Dodge College of film and media arts in 2003 also with a degree in screenwriting.[better source needed] In 2004, his screenplay "Modesto Rules" was a semi-finalist in the Nicholl Fellowships in Screenwriting competition. Out of a record-setting 6,073 screenplays submitted, Smith's was one of only 132 to make it to the semi-finals. Since then, Smith has worked on projects for both the small and big screens.
Smith's voice work has been called upon by companies including Disney and Disney Television Animation, Cartoon Network, Microsoft Game Studios, Sony, Wal-Mart, Baskin-Robbins, E!, TLC.. He has been cast as the lead voice actor in a number of video games, including in the roles of Sonic the Hedgehog from 2010 onwards, Chris Redfield in the Resident Evil series from Resident Evil 5 onwards, and Ezio Auditore da Firenze in the Assassin's Creed series.
- Bleach - Ryusei Kenzaki / Kenryu, Shinji Hirako, additional voices
- Code Geass - Gilbert G.P. Guilford; Otaku (ep 18)
- Naruto - Idate Morino, Inabi Uchiha, Kota, Raiga Kurosuki
- Naruto Shippūden - Deidara, Bisuke, Hayama Shirakumo (ep 190)
- Naruto the Movie: Legend of the Stone of Gelel - Temujin
- Resident Evil: Degeneration as Curtis Miller
- Avengers Assemble - Steve Rogers/Captain America, Torgo, Great Gambonnos, Grim Reaper, additional voices
- Batman Unlimited: Animal Instincts - Batman
- Clarence - Belson Tompkins III, Percy, additional voices
- Fish Hooks - Pass
- Iron Man & Captain America: Heroes United - Steve Rogers/Captain America
- Planes - Ripslinger
- Regular Show - Thomas, Night Owl, Chuck, Low-Five Ghost, Garrett Bobby Ferguson Jr., Internet, additional voices
- Sonic Boom - Sonic the Hedgehog, UT and Dave the Intern
- The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes - Captain Marvel, additional voices
- Transformers: Rescue Bots - Taylor (Episode "Road Trip")
- Ultimate Spider-Man - Steve Rogers/Captain America
- Wolverine and the X-Men - Forge
- Wreck-It Ralph - Sonic the Hedgehog
- Young Justice - Ocean Master, L-5, additional voices
- Assassin's Creed (series) - Ezio Auditore da Firenze
- Batman: Arkham Origins/Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - Bruce Wayne/Batman
- Dying Light - Kyle Crane
- G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra (video game) - Duke, Lift-Ticket
- Lego Marvel Super Heroes - Captain America, Human Torch
- Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots - Enemy Soldiers
- Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker - Soldiers
- Resident Evil series - Chris Redfield (2009–present)
- Sonic the Hedgehog (series) - Sonic the Hedgehog (2010–present)
- Soul Calibur IV and Soul Calibur V - Siegfried Schtauffen (2008-Present)
- Tekken 6 - Eddy Gordo
- "Behind The Voice Actors - Roger Craig Smith". Retrieved July 20, 2013.
- "Batman: Arkham Origins stars Roger Craig Smith as Batman, Troy Baker as Joker". Joystiq.
- Hines, Ryan (September 24, 2013). "Taking Flight". http://blogs.chapman.edu/. Retrieved August 24, 2014.
- Melendez, CJ (June 16, 2011). "Chrrrrissss! Roger Craig Smith Interview". Rely on Horror. Retrieved April 8, 2012.
- "Roger Craig Smith Gives Voice to Captain America". comicbookresources.com. October 1, 2013. Retrieved August 19, 2014.
- "Roger Craig Smith SacAnime Convention". sacanime.com. Retrieved August 19, 2014.
- "Thanos Rising". Avengers Assemble. Season 2. Episode 2. October 5, 2014. Disney XD.
- "EXCLUSIVE: First "Batman Unlimited: Animal Instincts" Trailer Runs Wild". Comic Book Resources.
- "Batman, Captain America, SONIC THE HEDGEHOG? Roger Craig Smith's Many Heroic Voices". Newsarama.com.
- "Format Wars II". Regular Show. Season 6. Episode 16. February 12, 2015. Cartoon Network.
- Sal Romano (December 6, 2014). "Dying Light story trailer". Gematsu. Retrieved January 7, 2014.
- Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots, closing credits, 4 minutes in - Metal Gear Online Unit - Voice-Over Cast - Soldiers
- "New Sonic Voice Actors Announced!". www.sonicretro.org. July 15, 2010. Retrieved August 23, 2014.
- "Ninterview: Meet Roger Craig Smith - Voice Actor for Sonic the Hedgehog / Chris Redfield". www.nintendolife.com. March 13, 2013. Retrieved August 23, 2014.
- The Official Roger Craig Smith website
- Roger Craig Smith at the Internet Movie Database
- Roger Craig Smith at Anime News Network's encyclopedia
|English voice of Sonic the Hedgehog (video games)
|English voice of Sonic the Hedgehog (broadcast TV series)