Roger Craig Smith
|Roger Craig Smith|
August 11, 1975 |
Orange County, California, U.S.
|Other names||Roger C. Smith|
|Alma mater||Chapman University|
|Occupation||Voice actor, drummer|
|Notable work(s)||Assassin's Creed
as Ezio Auditore da Firenze
as Steve Rogers/Captain America
as Chris Redfield
Sonic the Hedgehog
as Sonic the Hedgehog
Batman: Arkham Origins
Roger Craig Smith (born August 11, 1975) is an American voice actor and drummer. He is also known as Roger C. Smith. He is generally known as the current voice behind Chris Redfield in the Resident Evil series, as Ezio Auditore da Firenze in the Assassin's Creed games, as Deidara in the anime Naruto: Shippuden, the current voice of Steve Rogers/Captain America in Ultimate Spider-Man, the series Avengers Assemble, and Iron Man & Captain America: Heroes United, Thomas in Regular Show, Percy and Belson in Clarence, and as the voice of Batman in the video game Batman: Arkham Origins and Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate.
Smith was born in Orange County, California. He graduated from Chapman University's Dodge College of film and media arts in 2003 also with a degree in screenwriting.[better source needed] In 2004, his screenplay "Modesto Rules" was a semi-finalist in the Nicholl Fellowships in Screenwriting competition. Out of a record-setting 6,073 screenplays submitted, Smith's was one of only 132 to make it to the semi-finals. Since then, Smith has worked on projects for both the small and big screens.
Smith's voice work has been called upon by companies including Disney and Disney Television Animation, Cartoon Network, Microsoft Game Studios, Sony, Wal-Mart, Baskin-Robbins, E!, TLC.. He has been cast as the lead voice actor in a number of video games, including in the roles of Sonic the Hedgehog from 2010 onwards, Chris Redfield in the Resident Evil series from Resident Evil 5 onwards, and Ezio Auditore da Firenze in the Assassin's Creed series.
- Bleach - Ryusei Kenzaki / Kenryu, Shinji Hirako, Additional voices
- Code Geass - Gilbert G.P. Guilford; Otaku (ep 18)
- Naruto - Idate Morino, Inabi Uchiha, Kota, Raiga Kurosuke
- Naruto Shippūden - Deidara, Bisuke, Hayama Shirakumo (ep 190)
- Naruto the Movie: Legend of the Stone of Gelel - Temujin
- Resident Evil: Degeneration as Curtis Miller
- Avengers Assemble - Steve Rogers/Captain America, Torgo, Great Gambonnos, Additional voices
- Ultimate Spider-Man - Steve Rogers/Captain America
- Young Justice - Ocean Master, Additional Voices
- Assassin's Creed (series) - Ezio Auditore da Firenze
- Sonic the Hedgehog (series) - Sonic the Hedgehog (2010-present)
- Batman: Arkham Origins/Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - Bruce Wayne/Batman
- "Behind The Voice Actors - Roger Craig Smith". Retrieved 2013-07-20.
- Hines, Ryan (September 24, 2013). "Taking Flight". http://blogs.chapman.edu/. Retrieved August 24, 2014.
- Melendez, CJ (16 June 2011). "Chrrrrissss! Roger Craig Smith Interview". Rely on Horror. Retrieved 8 April 2012.
- "Roger Craig Smith Gives Voice to Captain America". comicbookresources.com. 2013-10-01. Retrieved 2014-08-19.
- "Roger Craig Smith SacAnime Convention". sacanime.com. Retrieved 2014-08-19.
- "New Sonic Voice Actors Announced!". www.sonicretro.org. 2010-07-15. Retrieved 2014-08-23.
- "Ninterview: Meet Roger Craig Smith - Voice Actor for Sonic the Hedgehog / Chris Redfield". www.nintendolife.com. 2013-03-13. Retrieved 2014-08-23.
- The Official Roger Craig Smith website
- Roger Craig Smith at the Internet Movie Database
- Roger Craig Smith at Anime News Network's encyclopedia
|English voice of Sonic the Hedgehog (video games)
|English voice of Sonic the Hedgehog (broadcast TV series)