Roger E. Mosley
||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification, as its only attribution is to IMDb. (August 2010)|
|Roger E. Mosley|
|Born||Roger Earl Mosley
December 18, 1938
Los Angeles, California, U.S.
|Spouse(s)||Saundra Locke, 1960-? (divorced)|
|Partner(s)||Toni Laudermick, 1976-present|
|Children||3: 2 with Locke, 1 child with Laudermick|
Roger Earl Mosley (born December 18, 1938) is an American actor, director and writer best known for his role as the helicopter pilot Theodore "T.C." Calvin on the long-running television series, Magnum, P.I., which starred Tom Selleck as the title character.
Mosley is a licensed helicopter private helicopter pilot in real life but when on the set of Magnum P.I., he wasn't allowed to do his own stunts. A pilot wearing a body stocking with muscles would be used instead. In 2013 at the HAI Heli-Expo in Las Vegas, a ceremony for the restored MD500D helicopter was held. Both Mosley and fellow Magnum P.I. co-star Larry Manetti autographed the nose of the helicopter.
He was married in 1960 to Saundra Locke and had 2 children with her.
Mosley appeared as Monk in Terminal Island. Other actors in the feature were Phyllis Davis, Don Marshall, Ena Hartman and Tom Selleck. Selleck would later become Magnum P.I.. His most prominent film role to date was his 1976 starring turn as the title character in Leadbelly, directed by Gordon Parks. In an article in the November 1982 issue of Ebony Magazine, it was reported that this was his favourite role. He has guest starred on shows such as Night Court, Starsky and Hutch, Kojak, The Rockford Files, Baretta, and Sanford and Son; he also had a role in Roots: The Next Generation. He also made a memorable appearance in the 1973 film The Mack, as the militant brother of the main character Goldie, in the 1974 film McQ with John Wayne as a police informer Rosey  and played officer Roy Cole alongside Kurt Russell and Ray Liotta in Unlawful Entry (1992). He also starred in Hangin' With Mr. Cooper as Coach Ricketts in a recurring role with comedian/actor Mark Curry  and in A Thin Line Between Love & Hate with Martin Lawrence, Bobby Brown, and Lynn Whitfield.
He appeared in season five of Las Vegas as the billionaire friend of Montecito owner A.J. Cooper (Tom Selleck). He appeared in Magnum, P.I. as Tom Selleck's friend and a helicopter pilot who operates his own tourist charter Island Hoppers  from 1980-1988.
- www.tomselleck.de Roger E. Mosley Biographie
- Loki Radoslav Pon Press, 1 Apr 2012 - Performing Arts Roger E. Mosley Pon Press, 2012 ISBN 6137817423, 9786137817421
- articles.latimes.com Helicopters Keep His Life in a Whirl : 'It's Like Flying a Plane, Except You . . . Go Sideways' by Lynn Simross June 07, 1985
- Police Helicopter Pilot Helicopter Aviation & Beyond Magnum PI Helicopter Flies Again In Hawaii
- movie-stars.us Personal Details
- PR.com Upscale Concierge Service Brings Elegance Back to Las Vegas
- New York Times Movies Terminal Island (1973)
- New York Times Movies & TV Tom Selleck
- Bastrop Visitor Center Leadbelly 1976, starring Roger E. Mosley and Paul Benjamin, directed by Gordon Parks.
- Ebony Magazine November 1982 Page 85 Roger Mosley Continued
- TV Guide Episode Detail: Puppy Love - Night Court
- www.tomselleck.de Roger E. Mosley - Biographie
- cinephilia The Mack USA 1973
- John Wayne: Actor, Artist, Hero By Richard D. McGhee Filmography Page 365
- Jet Magazine Page 62 Movies to see
- Who was who on TV, Volume 2 by Norman Chance Page 29 Hangin' With Mr. Cooper: Sitcom: 1992 - 1997
- Historical Dictionary of African American Cinema by By Torriano S. Berry, Venise T. Berry Page 335 Thin Line Between Love And Hate
- Celebrity NetworthRoger E. Mosley Net Worth
- Huffington Post TV 'Magnum P.I.' Cast: Where Are They Now? by Kim Potts