Roger Lemelin, CC OQ FRSC (April 7, 1919 – March 16, 1992) was a Quebec novelist, television writer and essayist.
Lemelin was born in Quebec City. From 1944 to 1952, he was a Canadian correspondent for the American magazines Time and Life and, from 1972 to 1981, chief executive officer and editor of La Presse.
In 1980 he was made a Companion of the Order of Canada. In 1989, he was made an Officer of the National Order of Quebec.
Honours and awards
- Au pied de la pente douce (The Town Below), 1947
- Les Plouffe (The Plouffe Family), 1948
- Fantaisies sur les péchés capitaux, 1949
- Pierre le magnifique (In Quest of Splendour), 1952
- Les Voies de l'espérance, 1979
- La Culotte en or, 1980
- Le Crime d'Ovide Plouffe, 1982
- Autopsie d'un fumeur, 1988