Roger S. Pressman
He received a BSE from the University of Connecticut, an MS from the University of Bridgeport and a PhD from the University of Connecticut. He has over 30 years of experience worked as a software engineer, a manager, a professor, an author, and a consultant, focusing on software engineering issues. He has been on the Editorial Boards of IEEE Software and The Cutter IT Journal. He is a member of the IEEE and Tau Beta Pi.
Pressman has designed and developed products that are used worldwide for software engineering training and process improvement.
- 1997. Numerical control and computer-aided manufacturing
- 1982. Software engineering : a practitioner's approach (first edition)
- 1988. Making software engineering happen : a guide for instituting the technology.
- 1988. Software engineering : a beginner's guide.
- 1991. Software shock : the danger & the opportunity
- 2005. Software engineering : a practitioner's approach (sixth edition)
- 2009. Web engineering : a practitioner's approach
- John J. Marciniak (2002) Encyclopedia of Software Engineering: Custom. John Wiley. p. 964
- About Dr. Roger S. Pressman. Retrieved 20 Okt 2008.
- Roger S. Pressman Facets and more with CompleteSearchList of publications from the DBLP Bibliography Server. Retrieved 20 Okt 2008.
- The EdistaLearning website states that his book, "Software Engineering: A Practitioner's Approach", is the world's most widely used software engineering textbook. Worldwide, this book has sold more than 3-4 million copies and is the world's best selling book in software engineering. The book has been translated into eight languages, recent translations include: Chinese (2 dialects), Japanese, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian. The book has been used at over 500 Universities worldwide. SEPA is widely used in industry and is required reading for many industry and government short courses.