Toronto Blue Jays on Sportsnet
Toronto Blue Jays on Sportsnet is a live telecast of Toronto Blue Jays baseball games that air on Sportsnet, Sportsnet One, or Sportsnet 360. Starting in 2003, some games were broadcast in high definition. As of 2007, all games that air on the network are presented in high definition. Sportsnet began showing Blue Jays games in 1999 and is now their official television carrier, carrying all 162 Blue Jays games throughout the regular season.
Sportsnet launched in October 1998 as CTV Sportsnet and began covering Blue Jays games on April 6, 1999. During the early years, Sportsnet would broadcast between 40-60 games. Starting in 2002, Sportsnet began broadcasting more games than TSN (The Sports Network) and took over the majority rights. Rogers Sportsnet broadcast 120 Jays games in 2003 and 2004, 103 in 2005, 122 in 2006 and 2009, 116 in 2007 and all 162 games in 2010. Games also began to air on digital channel Sportsnet One upon its launch in August 2010. Since the Blue Jays and Sportsnet are both wholly owned by Rogers Communications, Sportsnet's rights are of indefinite duration.
Sportsnet is also the main television outlet for Major League Baseball in Canada, holding Canadian rights to Fox's Saturday games, the All-Star Game, and the postseason. Most Sportsnet channels (including Sportsnet One) also carry a variety of non-Blue Jays games of regional interest, including the Boston Red Sox (particularly on the East and Ontario feeds) and the Seattle Mariners (on the Pacific feed), among others. Sportsnet formerly also aired ESPN's Sunday Night Baseball, but sub-licensed the games to TSN in exchange for its previous package of Blue Jays games.
As of 2010, Blue Jays games are preceded by a pre-game show, Blue Jays Central (formerly Jays Connected), hosted by Jamie Campbell, which starts half an hour before the game.
- Buck Martinez: (play-by-play, 2010–present)
- Pat Tabler: (analyst, 2005–present)
- Jamie Campbell: (studio host, 2010–present)
- Gregg Zaun: (Studio Analyst, 2011–present)
- Alan Ashby: (analyst, 2011–2012, select games)
- Rod Black: (play-by-play, 1999–2000)
- Rob Faulds: (play-by-play, 2001–2004)
- Jamie Campbell: (play-by-play, 2005–2009)
- Joe Carter: (analyst, 1999–2000)
- John Cerutti: (analyst, 2001–2004)
- Tom Candiotti: (analyst, 2003, 2005, select games)
- Darrin Fletcher: (analyst, 2005–2009, select games)
- Rance Mulliniks: (analyst, 2005–2010)
- Sam Cosentino: (Field Reporter, 2007–2010)
- "Sportsnet locks up Blue Jays broadcast duo". Sportsnet.ca. Retrieved 27 September 2014.