Rogerstone railway station
|Welsh: Tŷ Du|
|Managed by||Arriva Trains Wales|
|Owned by||Network Rail|
|Number of platforms||1|
|Live arrivals/departures, station information and onward connections
from National Rail Enquiries
|Annual rail passenger usage*|
|Key dates||Opened 6 February 2008|
|National Rail – UK railway stations|
|* Annual estimated passenger usage based on sales of tickets in stated financial year(s) which end or originate at Rogerstone from Office of Rail Regulation statistics. Methodology may vary year on year.|
|UK Railways portal|
Rogerstone railway station (Welsh: Tŷ-du) is a station on the Ebbw Valley Railway in the community of Rogerstone in Newport, south Wales. The station is situated ½ mile north of the original station on the site of former rail sidings. The station is within the Afon Village housing development. Access to the single-platform station and associated car park is off Lily Way.
The station opened on 6 February 2008 when services between Cardiff Central and Ebbw Vale Parkway commenced, with trains being operated by Arriva Trains Wales. Currently trains run hourly Monday-Saturday and 2-hourly on Sundays. The journey time to Cardiff Central is 25–30 minutes, and it is around 35 minutes to Ebbw Vale Parkway. Operational variations see occasional services via Newport, with a journey time of 9–11 minutes. Future plans include a regular hourly service.
A subsidised rail linc bus operated between the station and Newport city centre via Celtic Springs, Cleppa Park, Tredegar Park and the Royal Gwent Hospital, from the reopening of the Ebbw Valley Railway, but was withdrawn in May 2008 due to low usage. In November 2011, the Welsh Government announced that it would be reinstated on a trial basis for a year.
- May to December 09 timetables
- realtimetrains.co.uk: 2N35 2305 Cardiff Central to Ebbw Vale Parkway
- realtimetrains.co.uk: 2F87 2140 Ebbw Vale Parkway to Cardiff Central
- WAG - Rail improvements in Newport area
- "Subsidised bus-rail link scrapped". BBC News. 31 May 2008. Retrieved 2008-06-01.
- "Bus–rail link between Ebbw Vale and Newport returns". BBC News. 5 November 2011. Retrieved 5 November 2011.
- Train times and station information for Rogerstone railway station from National Rail
- Planning Approval Granted for New Railway Station
- Official Ebbw Valley Railway Scheme Website
|Preceding station||National Rail||Following station|
|Risca and Pontymister||Arriva Trains Wales
Cardiff Central - Ebbw Vale Parkway