|Born||12 March 1968|
|Occupation||Actress, lyricist, screenwriter, voice actress, director|
|Children||Rishivaran (b. 1997)|
Rohini is an Indian actress, lyricist, screenwriter, voice actor and director. She has mainly acted in south Indian, notably Malayalam and Tamil films. Having started her acting career at five, she has about 130 south Indian films to her credit. She received National Award of Special mention and Andhra Pradesh State Award for Best Female Actor in the year 1996 for the film Sthree.
A native of Anakapalli, Rohini spent all her childhood in Chennai. She started her career in 1976 as a child artiste. She was first seen as a wide-eyed 5 year old in Yashoda Krishna, a Telugu film.
She was married to famous Actor Raghuvaran in 1996 and they have a son Rishivaran born in 1997. The couple later got separated and divorced in 2004.
She is also a popular dubbing artist in the Tamil industry. She has voiced six characters in five of Mani Ratnam's films. She lent her voice to actresses like Jyothika (Vettaiyadu Villaiyadu), Aishwarya Rai (Iruvar and Raavanan), Manisha Koirala (Bombay) and Amala (Shiva). She has also dubbed for Girija Shettar in Mani Rathnam's only telugu movie till date Geethanjali.
She wrote lyrics for the Tamil film Pachaikili Muthucharam, before ending another hiatus by writing all songs in the album, Maalai Pozhudhin Mayakathilaey. Her acting skills were recognized and she was given the Kalaimamani award recently.
She writes episodes for Tamil TV serials. She started writing scripts for TV series way back in 1996, and has adapted the Sahithya Academy Award winning novel Verukku Neer for a tele film in 2005. She hosted the live TV talk show Kelvigal Aayiram for Vijay TV, which she said "dealt with issues close to my heart". She moderated the Tamil programme Azhagiya Tamizh Magal on Kalaignar TV  and has worked as the anchor of Raj TV’s show, Rohini’s Box Office in which she reviewed the latest releases.
Being an activist for AIDS awareness, Rohini has also directed short films for M.G.R. Medical University and Tamil Nadu Aids Control Society. In 2008, Rohini had directed a 50-minute documentary Silent Hues about film industry’s child artists, she being one herself. In 2013, she has directed a feature film Appavin Meesai which is yet to be released.
- As actress
|1976||Bhakta Kannappa||Telugu||Child artist|
|1977||Adavi Ramudu||Dumb girl||Telugu||Child artist|
|1979||Laxmi Pooja||Telugu||Child artist|
|1981||Nyayam Kavali||Saroja||Telugu||Child artist|
|1984||Thirakil Alpa Samayam||Amina||Malayalam|
|1984||Parannu Parannu Parannu||Mini / Jessy / Sreekutty||Malayalam|
|1984||Oru Kochu Swapnam||Malayalam|
|1984||Arante Mulla Kochu Mulla||Rohini||Malayalam|
|1985||Adhyayam Onnu Muthal||Rema||Malayalam|
|1985||Gaayathridevi Ente Amma||Priya||Malayalam|
|1985||Ee Thanalil Ithiri Neram||Malayalam|
|1985||Ivide Ee Theerathu||Malayalam|
|1985||Oru Sandesam Koodi||Rema||Malayalam|
|1985||Ee Lokam Ivide Kure Manushyar||Sheela||Malayalam|
|1985||Ee Shabdam Innathe Shabdam||Pushpa||Malayalam|
|1986||Koodanayum Kattu||Mukesh's girlfriend||Malayalam|
|1986||Ponnum Kudathinum Pottu||Malayalam|
|1987||Onnaam Maanam Poomaanam||Rajasree||Malayalam|
|1987||January Oru Orma||Maina||Malayalam|
|1987||Achuvettante Veedu||Aswathy Nair||Malayalam|
|1988||Onninu Purake Mattonnu||Sudha||Malayalam|
|1989||Kali Kaaryamayi-Crime Branch||Sunitha||Malayalam|
|1991||Thanthu Vitten Ennai||Surya||Tamil|
|1992||Rendu Pondatti Kaavalkaaran||Rukmini||Tamil|
|1994||CID Unnikrishnan B.A., B.Ed.||Arundathi Nair||Malayalam|
|1995||Stri||Telugu||National Film Award – Special Mention|
|2007||Rock & Roll||Nirmala||Malayalam|
|2009||2 Harihar Nagar||Sulochana||Malayalam|
|2010||In Ghost House Inn||Sulochana||Malayalam|
|2011||City of God||Lakshmi||Malayalam|
|2011||Innanu Aa Kalyanam||Lillykutty||Malayalam|
|2012||Shiva Manasulo Shruti||Telugu|
|2012||Diamond Necklace||Dr. Savithri||Malayalam|
|2012||18 Vayasu||Dr. Suchithra||Tamil|
|2013||Black Butterfly||Benny's mother||Malayalam|
|2013||Jagadguru Adi Shankara||Sankara's mother||Telugu|
|2013||Anthaka Mundu Aa Tarvatha||Sujatha||Telugu|
|2014||Oka Laila Kosam||Nandana's mother||Telugu|
|2014||Ormayundo Ee Mukham||Vasundhara Devi||Malayalam|
- As lyricist
- As director
- 2008 - Silent Hues (documentary film)
- 2014 - Appavin Meesai
- As dubbing artiste
- 1989 - Idhayathai Thirudaathe (for Girija Shettar)
- 1989 - Shiva (for Amala)
- 1995 - Bombay (for Manisha Koirala)
- 1995 - Kuruthipunal (for Gowthami)
- 1996 - Indian (for Manisha Koirala)
- 1996 - Iruvar (for Aishwarya Rai)
- 2006 - Vettaiyadu Villaiyadu (for Jyothika)
- 2010 - Raavanan (for Aishwarya Rai)
- Kelvigal Aayiram (Vijay TV)
- Azhagiya Tamizh Magal (Kalaignar TV)
- Rohini’s Box Office (Raj TV)
- "Welcome To Amrita TV - Super Dancer Junior 3". Amritatv.com. Retrieved 2013-08-17.
- "Rohini makes documentary film on child artists". The Hindu. 2008-01-09. Retrieved 2013-08-17.
- "Documentary on child artists". Indiaglitz. 2008-01-08. Retrieved 2013-08-17.
- "Metro Plus Hyderabad / Profiles : Actor with substance". The Hindu. 2010-09-14. Retrieved 2013-08-17.
- Baradwaj Rangan (2011-08-25). "Roles of a lifetime". The Hindu. Retrieved 2013-08-17.
- "Rohini's Meesai". Behindwoods. 2012-07-26. Retrieved 2013-08-17.
- "Girl power, Tamil style!". Rediff. 2010-04-08. Retrieved 2013-08-17.
- Gupta, Rinku (2011-08-22). "Rohini returns to TV". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 2013-08-17.
- "Exploring “fragile world” of child actors". The Hindu. 2008-02-17. Retrieved 2013-08-17.
- "''I cannot do a film like Thuppakki'', Rohini, Appavin Meesai". Behindwoods. 2013-07-30. Retrieved 2013-08-17.