Rohini Sub City
Rohini रोहिणी (दिल्ली) is a 30-year-old upmarket and well-developed residential sub city in North West Delhi in India, widely considered as one of the upfront residential areas of the capital. It is the second largest sub city in Asia- after Dwarka Sub City in South West Delhi. It was the first mega sub-city project of Delhi Development Authority (DDA) in the urban extension of Delhi, started in 1980s to provide composite society, for all income groups. Rohini Sub City consists of two part zones namely Zone "H" Part (Phase I and phase II) and Zone "M" Part (Phase III, IV and V). It is one of the 12 zones, area under the Municipal Corporation of Delhi. Rajesh Garg is the Member of the Legislative Assembly of Delhi for Rohini Vidhan Sabha Constituency.
It has three stations on Red Line of Delhi Metro Line 1, which connects from Dilshad Garden, Kashmere Gate to Rohini East, Rohini West and Rithala Stations, making it one of Delhi Metro's major hubs.
Following extensions of routes are proposed:
(i). From existing Rithala Station up to Barwala (Rohini Ph.IV-V)
(ii). From Sanjay Gandhi Transport Terminal to Narela.
(iii). Under Phase III, the Yellow Line is expected to be extended further north from Jahangirpuri station by 4.48 km. Two addition stations will be built to extend the line to Badli: 1) Shalimar Bagh 2) Rohini Sector 18 3) Badli
Population and area
Rohini (Phases I and II)
- Phases I and II consist of 19 sectors, i.e., Sector 1 to Sector 19 (17 residential and two commercial sectors).
- Area: 2015 Ha.
- Population: 8.4 lakhs.
Rohini (Phase III)
- Phase III consists of six sectors i.e. from Sector 20 to 25.
- Area: 1010 Ha.(Available Land for Phase III-700 Ha.)
- Population: 1.6 lakhs.
Rohini (Phases IV and V)
- Phases IV (consisting of Sector 26 to Sector 33) and Phase V (consisting of Sector 34 to Sector 42) are to be developed.
- No. of Residential Pockets (under acquired Land):- 21 Pkts
- GR. Housing Pockets:- 8
- Co-Operative Housing Pockets:- 5
- Area: 4533 Ha. (Already acquired and under planning-788 Ha.)
- Projected population (on acquired land): 2 Lakhs.
Phases IV and V are based on the following:
- Integration of arterial road network systems with the city network linking other sub cities like Dwarka and Narela.
- Introduction of planning measures for controlling unauthorized commercialization of Residential Plots along major traffic corridors and achieving safe and pollution free residential environment.
- Establishing an efficient, reliable and attractive multi modal transport, with favourable conditions for safe use of bicycles and pedestrian movements.
- Introduction of Urban Form and Visual characteristics with continuity of n=harmony of open space.
The residential colonies here are accompanied by sprawling parks and adjacent bus stands.
- Sector 3 is the biggest sector and sector 2 is the smallest sector in Rohini Sub City.
- Sector 6 having Dr. Baba Saheb Ambedkar Hospital which is one of govt. aided hospital in delhi
- Sector 10, Rohini is the commercial center. Many Shopping malls like D-Mall, City Center, and a five-star hotel, Crowne Plaza have recently come up in this sector.
- Sector 7 can be considered as chandni chowk of rohini. It is a good place to shop and eat.
- Sectors 9,11,13,14 are the most posh sectors, they consist of apartments and Co-operative Group Housing Societies. These sectors are close to Outer Ring Road and have facilities like metro, multiplex, malls, markets, hospitals, wide roads with rows of trees on both sides, and fully developed parks and famous schools. The main attraction of these sectors is the greenery.
- Sectors 15, 16, 17 are situated at the corner of Rohini near Bypass of Delhi.
- Sector 24 is a blossoming sector near Rithala.
- Sectors 20 to 51 are in the developing stage and growing at rapid pace due to setup of Bawana Industrial Area.
- Sector 5 having Rajiv Gandhi Cancer Hospital & Mount Abu Public school. Also it have Mother"s pride & seedling school for less than 3yrs babies.
- Sector 3 has manglam place in which various malls & multiplex like Ring Road Mall, M2K,Vikas Surya Plaza ,Ritu Wears & many more are developing & soon become a business hub of rohini.