Rohini Sub City
Rohini रोहिणी (दिल्ली) is a 30-year-old upmarket and well-developed residential sub city in North West Delhi in India, widely considered as one of the upfront residential areas of the capital. It is the second largest sub city in Asia- after Dwarka Sub City in South West Delhi. It was the first mega sub-city project of Delhi Development Authority (DDA) in the urban extension of Delhi, started in 1980s to provide composite society, for all income groups. Rohini Sub City consists of two part zones namely Zone "H" Part (Phase I and phase II) and Zone "M" Part (Phase III, IV and V). It is one of the 12 zones, area under the Municipal Corporation of Delhi. Jai Bhagwan Aggarwal is the Member of the Legislative Assembly of Delhi for Rohini Vidhan Sabha Constituency.
- 1 Neighborhoods
- 2 Metro connectivity
- 3 Population and area
- 4 Sectors
- 5 Tourism
- 6 Places of worship
- 7 Rohini Courts Complex
- 8 Twin District Centres, Rohini (Sector 10)
- 9 Education centres and hospitals
- 10 Hotels
- 11 Malls
- 12 Accessibility
- 13 References
- 14 External links
It has three stations on Red Line of Delhi Metro Line 1, which connects from Dilshad Garden, Kashmere Gate to Rohini East, Rohini West and Rithala Stations, making it one of Delhi Metro's major hubs.
Following extensions of routes are proposed:
(i). From existing Rithala Station up to Barwala (Rohini Ph.IV-V)
(ii). From Sanjay Gandhi Transport Terminal to Narela.
Population and area
Rohini (Phases I and II)
- Phases I and II consist of 19 sectors, i.e., Sector 1 to Sector 19 (17 residential and two commercial sectors).
- Area: 2015 Ha.
- Population: 8.4 lakhs.
Rohini (Phase III)
- Phase III consists of six sectors i.e. from Sector 20 to 25.
- Area: 1010 Ha.(Available Land for Phase III-700 Ha.)
- Population: 1.6 lakhs.
Rohini (Phases IV and V)
- Phases IV and V are to be developed.
- Area: 4533 Ha. (Already acquired and under planning-788 Ha.)
- Projected population (on acquired land): 2 Lakhs.
Phases IV and V are based on the following:
- Integration of arterial road network systems with the city network linking other sub cities like Dwarka and Narela.
- Introduction of planning measures for controlling unauthorized commercialization of Residential Plots along major traffic corridors and achieving safe and pollution free residential environment.
- Establishing an efficient, reliable and attractive multi modal transport, with favourable conditions for safe use of bicycles and pedestrian movements.
- Introduction of Urban Form and Visual characteristics with continuity of n=harmony of open space.
The residential colonies here are accompanied by sprawling parks and adjacent bus stands.
- Sector 3 is the biggest sector and sector 2 is the smallest sector in Rohini Sub City.
- Sector 10, Rohini is the commercial center. Many Shopping malls like D-Mall, City Center, and a five-star hotel, Crowne Plaza have recently come up in this sector.
- Sector 7 can be considered as chandni chowk of rohini. It is a good place to shop and eat.
- Sectors 7, 8 and 9 are the main posh sectors & sectors-9,13,14 consist of apartments and Co-operative Group Housing Societies. These sectors are close to Outer Ring Road and have facilities like metro, multiplex, malls, markets, hospitals, wide roads with rows of trees on both sides, and fully developed parks and famous schools. The main attraction of these sectors is the greenery, which matches the best in the world.
- Sectors 15, 16, 17 are situated at the corner of Rohini near Bypass of Delhi.
- Sector 24 is a blossoming sector near Rithala.
- Sectors 20 to 50 are in the developing stage and growing at rapid pace due to setup of Bawana Industrial Area.
- The Metro Walk Mall & Adventure Island sprawl over 62 acres in Rohini Sector 10. The project encompasses a shopping mall - Metrowalk and Adventure Island, a world-class amusement park and a water park. It is the result of 50% partnership between Unitech and International Amusement Ltd., the promoters of Appu Ghar. Along with many clothing shops, the place has many restaurants in addition to a lake with boating facility and water park with many rides.
- The City Center and D mall are one of the major shopping destinations in the city. They host many brands, including clothing, footwear, etc.
- The Japanese Park (or the Swarna Jayanti Park) is one of the largest parks in Delhi, with five lakes, including one that has boating facility. A new theme park for POGO TV channel is coming up beside this park.
- Rohini has a marvelous shopping infrastructure. The place witnesses good turn around of people from all parts of Delhi. Recent development in terms of shopping malls and trendy shops have made the place much more demanding than ever before.
- Mangalam Place Sector 3, Rohini is a hub for shopping arcades and office complexes. It has many famous stores like Ritu Wears, Croma, and Food Bazar. The Famous Bittu Tikki Wala (BTW) has an outlet here. Some malls in the area are Ring Road Mall, W Mall, and the Vardhman Towers.
- DC Chowk Complex, Sector-9 is another business centre housing the RG Mall and a famous hangout for college and coaching students. A multistory club is under construction in sector-13.
- Sectors 7 and 8 dividing road known as central market is one of the high street markets for branded goods in Rohini.
- Mangolpuri Market located near Rohini is a business centre for marble, granite, and other stones.
- Avantika, Rohini sector-1, has various shops that sees footfalls from the middle-income group residing in Rohini and other places.
- The Crowne Plaza Hotel Rohini has one of the largest meeting spaces in Delhi/NCR with both indoor and outdoor venues which can be used for conferences, weddings and other social events accommodating up to 2000 people. It is accessible from the airport and is close to shopping complexes, local entertainment attractions and management institutes. There is a Shoppers Stop outlet in the hotel premises as well which attracts a lot of crowd for shopping.
- Garg Trade Center, Rohini Sector 11, has many restaurants, banks, and hosts the multiplex, G3S cinemas.
- The government of Delhi has plans to construct a heliport in Rohini, to boost performance of state-run Pawan Hans Helicopters Ltd. To be constructed by Pawan Hans Helicopters Ltd, the Rs 65-crore helipad is proposed on a 25-acre area in Sector 36, Rohini. The plot has been allotted by the DDA, as per Delhi Masterplan, with no habitation up to 2.5 km. The heliport proposal includes construction of an ATC building, fuel tanks and fuel system, as well as navigational aids. The 200-sqm ATC building will house the control tower on the top floor and a Met department briefing room on the ground floor. Four hangars, capable of maintaining the largest helicopter Mi 172, are also proposed.
- PVR a 3-Screen Multiplex in Prashant Vihar area of Sector-14 is another popular destination.
Places of worship
- Shri Shirdi Sai Baba Mandir, Sector 7, Rohini is one of the biggest temples in Delhi. Devotees not only from Rohini but from around Delhi and from different states of India come to the Sai Baba Mandir, Rohini to have darshans of the divine Sai Baba. Sai Baba Mandir was built in the year 1989 in Sector 3, Rohini; but later shifted to Sector 7. The Mandir is constructed beautifully and is widely known as the divine source of Rohini.
- Kali Mata Mandir, Mangalam Place, Sector 3 on Outer Ring Road.
- Gurudwara Sant Samagam, Vasundhara Lane, Sector 9
- ISKCON Temple, Sector 25 (under construction)
- Shri Jagannath Temple,CS/OCF-7, Near Best Mega Mall, Sector 24 (under construction)
- Vaishno Mata Mandir, Pvr Prashant Vihar Road, Sector 14
- Gurudwara Singh Sabha, Prashant Vihar, Sector 14
- Balaji Temple, Sector 14
- Community of Temples in Sector-8 with Ram Mandir, Sai Baba Mandir, Jain Mandir, Gurudwara and Protestants Church back to back, wall to wall.
- Church, Sector 3 and Sector 11 extension
- Gurudwara Singh Sabha, Sector 3
- Dev Bhoomi Shri Balaji Mandir, Sector 11 Rohini with park
- Shri Sidh Kali Devi Mandir, Sector 16
- Jama Masjid Rohini, Sector-16(under construction)
- Ayappa temple, Rohini sector 7
- Balaji Hanumaan Mandir Rama Vihar Colony in Rohini Sector 39
- Durga Mandir Rama Vihar E - Block, Rohini Sector - 39
- Kali Mata Mandir Rama Vihar K-Block, Rohini Sector-39 Near 100 Meter Wide Road UER-II.
- Rama Vihar Purvanchal Chhat Puja Ghat in Rama Vihar Mubarkpur-Majri Road Majri Talab (Pond) Near 100 Meter Wide Road UER-II.
- shri ram mandir sector-11, near happy home public school.
Rohini Courts Complex
The building of Rohini Courts Complex completed in the year 2005. Presently, cases pertaining to the West and North-West Districts are dealt with at the Rohini Courts Complex.
At present, the following courts are functioning at Rohini Courts Complex:
- District judges and additional district judges
- Additional sessions judges
- Motor accident claims tribunal
- Rent controllers and civil judges
- ACMM & MMs
Twin District Centres, Rohini (Sector 10)
Rohini is soon going to become a hub of commerce and entertainment. The Delhi Development Authority is planning to make Rohini into a fully integrated township. The DDA has planned twin district centres each spread over 33 hectares. The twin districts will have well-defined zones for retail malls, corporate offices, and cultural and entertainment zones like food courts, multiplexes and amphitheatre.
The centres will have metro connectivity (Rohini West and Rithala Metro Stations) and will be separated by a central green area of about 100 hectares made up of gardens, amusement park and leisure areas. In phase-I, plots for a shopping mall, two cineplexes, retail shops and offices will be auctioned. The urban design and landscape development planning of the project is being carried out by Vastushilpa Consultants.
The Commissioner (Land Disposal) of DDA, R.K. Singh, said: "The offer will spurt the commercial activities in Rohini thereby making it the complete township in the city." The twin district, he said, has well defined zones for different activities like retail malls, corporate offices, cultural and entertainment zones, with food courts, multiplexes and amphitheatre.
However, in the project, a large city park (The Japanese Park) between two parcels of district centres will provide the green belt and thereby increase the visual appeal of the project.
Also, there is a provision for multilevel parking. The DMRC will create multi-level parking which can accommodate about 550 cars at Rohini West Metro Station. Delhi Urban Art Commission (DUAC) has approved plans for multi level Car Parking at Sector 10, Rohini West Metro station at Commission's meeting held on January 25, 2012.
Another unique aspect of the project would be the emphasis on rainwater harvesting and solar energy system which will make the centre environment friendly. Also, waking up to the needs of the differently abled people at last, DDA would also be making some special arrangements for them in this project.
Education centres and hospitals
Rohini has many educational institutes making it a major center for education and academics.
Major colleges in Rohini: The two major higher technical education colleges in Rohini are:
- Delhi Technological University(Formerly Delhi College of Engineering)
- Maharaja Agrasen Institute of Technology, Sector-22
Other higher education colleges in Rohini are:
- Tecnia Institute of Advanced Studies, Sector 14
- Sirifort College of Computer and Technology (SCCTM), sector-25
- Bhagwan Parshuram Institute of Technology, Sector 17
- ESIC Dental College, Sector 15
- Jagan Institute of Management Studies (JIMS), Sector 5 and 3
- Delhi Institute of Advanced Studies, Sector 25
- Rukmini Devi Institute of Advanced Studies, Sector 14
- Gitaratan Jindal Business School, Sector 14
- Guru Nanak Dev Polytechnic, Sector 15
- Fire Training & research Academy, Sector 14
- Yoga Chikitsalya, Sector 3
Major schools in Rohini:
- Saint Giri Senior Secondary School
- Prestige convent school, sector-8, rohini
- Happy Home Public School, sector-11
- St. Margaret Sr. Sec. School, Sector 14, Rohini
- Tecnia international school, Sector 8 Rohini
- DPS Rohini, Sector 24
- Bal Bharti Public School, Sector 14 extension
- N.K. Bagrodia Public School, Sector 9
- Delhi International Public School, Sector 9
- Glorious Public School, Sector 9
- G.D. Goenka Public School, Sector 9
- Shaheed Captain Sanjeev Dahiya Sarvodaya Vidyalaya, Sector 9
- Shemrock Heritage(Play School), Sector 9
- Toddlers International School(Play School), Sector 9
- Kendriya Vidyalaya, in sectors 3, 8, 22, 25
- GD Goenka La Petite(Play School), Sector 23
- Sarvodya Kanya Vidyalaya, Prashant Vihar, Sector 14
- Ryan International School, Sector 25
- Heritage School, Sector 23
- DAV Public School, Sector 7
- Gitarattan Jindal Public School, Sector 7
- Sachdeva Public School, Sector 13
- Vidya Bharati School, Sector 15
- CRPF Public School, Sector 14
- Govt. Pratibha Vikas Vidhyalaya, Sector 11
- Titiksha Public School, Sector 11
- St. Xavier's School, Shahbad Daulatpur
- Lancer's Convent, Prashant Vihar, Sector 14
- G.D. Goenka school, Sector 22
- Maxfort School, Sector 23
- VSPK Intl School, Sector 13
- Mount Abu Public School, Sector 5
- Vikas Bharati Public School, Sector 24
- Sovigneir High School, Sector 24
- Himalaya Public School, Sector 7
- St. Angel's School, Sector 15
- Govt.co. ed Senior Secondary School, Sector 15
- Remal Public School, Sector 3
- Yuva Shakti Model School, Sector 3
- Vidya Jain Public School, Sector 6
- Sri Chaitanya School, Sector 5
- Shemford Rohini 10+2 School
- Rock Field Public School, Sectors 3 and 16
- Queen Mary's School Rohini, Sector 25
- Mother Divine Public School, Sector 3
- Yuva Shakti School in C-Block Rama Vihar Rohini Sector-39
- B.M. Bharti Model School in D-Block Rama Vihar Rohini Sector-39
- Ojas Public School Sector 17, Rohini
Many notable hospitals are also located in Rohini:
- Rajiv Gandhi Cancer Institute, Sector 5
- B.R. Ambedkar Hospital, Sector 6
- ESI Hospital, Sector 15
- Jaipur Golden Hospital, Sector 3
- Saroj Hospital & Heart Institute, Sector 14
- Bhagwan Mahavir Hospital & Heart Institute, Sector 14
- Bharam Shakti Hospital, Sector 1, near puthkala
- Sanjay Gandhi Hospital, sultanpuri near Sector 20, Rohini
- Bhagwati Hospital, Sector 13
- Shree Agrasen International Hospital at Plot No.PSP, Sector-22, Rohini by M/s Shri Agarsen North Ex Welfare Society (upcoming)
- Hotel Crowne Plaza (15-story, 5-star hotel), Plot No. 3 B-1, Twin District Centre (Part 1), Sector 10, Rohini
- Hotel Seven Seas, Plot No.12, Mangalam Place, Sector-03, Rohini (upcoming 5-star hotel, construction by Seven Seas Hospitality Pvt. Ltd.)
- Hotel City Park (Near Movietime Cinemas), Pitam Pura
- Hotel Hilton Garden Inn, Plot No. 1, B-4, Twin District Centre (Part 1), Sector 10, Rohini (upcoming 5-star hotel, construction by Breeze Construction Private Ltd.)
- Metro Walk Mall and Adventure Island, Shopping mall and Amusement & Themepark, Sector 10
- City Center Mall, Plot No. 1 B-3, Twin District Centre (Part 1), Sector 10
- D-Mall, Plot No. 1 B-5, Twin District Centre (Part 1), Sector 10
- Kings Mall, Plot No. 1 B-1, Twin District Centre (Part-1), Sector 10
- Parsvnath Mall, Plot No. 1 B-2, Twin District Centre (Part 1), Sector 10 (upcoming)
- Ambience Tower, Plot No. 2 B-2, Twin District Centre (Part 1), Sector 10 (under construction)
- North Ex Mall, Sector 9
- RG Mall, Sector 9
- DC Chowk Complex, Sector 9
- Fun City Mall, Prashant Vihar, Sector 14
- M2K Mall, Mangalam Place District Centre, Sector 3
- Ring Road Mall, Mangalam Place District Centre, Sector 3
- W Mall (Woman's Mall), Mangalam Place District Centre, Sector 3
- Commercial cum multiplex project at Plot no. SU, Sector-22, Rohini by M/s Yograj Promoters Pvt. Ltd (EMAAR / MGF) (upcoming)
The distance between Rohini and some prominent areas within the NCT of Delhi/New Delhi are as follows: -
- Rohini-Indira Gandhi International Airport : 25 km
- Rohini-New Delhi Railway Station : 18 km
- Rohini-AIIMS : 25 km
- Rohini-Connaught Place : 19 km
- Rohini-Rajouri Garden : 11 km
- Rohini-Punjabi Bagh : 7 km
- Rohini-ISBT Kashmere Gate : 15 km
- Rohini-Delhi University North Campus : 13 km
- Rohini-Lajpat Nagar : 29 km
- Rohini-Pitam Pura : 1 km
- Rohini-Vasant Kunj : 30 km
- Rohini-Janakpuri : 13 km
- Rohini-Vikaspuri: 12 km
- Rohini-Paschim Vihar : 5 km
- Rohini-Karol Bagh : 16 km
- Rohini-Patel Nagar : 12 km
- Rohini-Dwarka Sub City : 20 km
The distance between Rohini and some prominent areas in the Delhi NCR region are as follows: -