|Roilo S. Golez|
|Member of the Philippine House of Representatives from Parañaque City's Second District|
June 30, 2004 – June 30, 2013
|Preceded by||Eduardo Zialcita|
|Succeeded by||Gustavo Tambuting|
|Member of the Philippine House of Representatives from Parañaque City's Lone District|
June 30, 1992 – June 30, 2001
|Preceded by||Freddie Webb|
|Succeeded by||Eduardo Zialcita|
January 9, 1947 |
|Political party||Liberal Party (2010-present)
Roilo Golez (born January 9, 1947) is a Philippine politician on his sixth term as Member of the Philippine House of Representatives representing the Second District of Parañaque City, one of the most industrialized districts of the Philippines. A veteran legislator, he was elected in 1992, 1995, 1998, 2004, 2007, and 2010 all by landslide victories and had served as Congressman for five terms: in the 9th Congress of the Philippines, 10th Congress of the Philippines, 11th Congress of the Philippines, 13th Congress of the Philippines and 14th Congress of the Philippines. He is now serving his sixth term as congressman in the 15th Congress of the Philippines.
Biography and career
Roilo Golez was born on January 9, 1947 in the small town of Looc, Romblon in the Philippines. His father was a Philippine Naval Captain. He grew up in a low cost government housing project and is a product of public schools.
While at Annapolis, he distinguished himself in academics, leadership and sports. He was consistently in the Superintendent's Honor List. He was selected Company Commander, a high position in the Brigade of Midshipmen and was a Brigade Boxing Champion for four straight years, establishing a record as the first to achieve this feat since the Academy was established in 1845. So far, only fourteen midshipmen have won four brigade boxing championships in the Academy’s history.
Roilo Golez pursued a long career as a Public Servant:
- Three years as Postmaster General of the Philippines, where he received the prestigious Ten Outstanding Young Men Award (TOYM) for public service excellence.
- Three years as a member of the Philippine Cabinet, serving as National Security Adviser, overseeing the country's counterterrorism and national security program.
- Fifteen years as Congressman of the Republic of the Philippines. He has consistently received the award One of the Most Outstanding Congressmen of the Philippines, has a perfect 100% attendance record, no absence, in all the sessions of Congress since he became a congressman in 1992. He is now in his sixth term as Congressman  and won all his election victories by landslide, thus earning the title “Landslide King of Paranaque.” He has served as Chairman of the Committee on Public Order & Security, Chairman of the Committee on National Defense and as Deputy Minority Leader. Golez is also credited for concreting the most number of roads and constructing the most number of school buildings in the history of Parañaque City.
- Twenty years as Governor of the Philippine National Red Cross where he received the Bayani Red Cross Gold Medal Award for heroism and bravery in the face of gunfire while leading a Red Cross rescue team to rescue wounded soldiers during the bloody December 1989 coup attempt.
- One year as National President of the Boy Scouts of the Philippines.
- Two years as Fund Campaign Chairman of the Philippine Cancer Society.
- Four years as Division Fund Campaign Chairman of the Philippine Tuberculosis Society.
- Two years as Chairman of the Elks Cerebral Palsy Project.
- Four years as Governor of the Management Association of the Philippines.
- Twenty eight years as a Rotarian of the Rotary Club of Manila.
- Two years as National President of the Amateur Boxing Association of the Philippines.
- Two years as President of the Philippine Olympic Academy.
- Five years as a member of the Board of Trustees of the St. Lukes Medical Center.
- Fourteen years as a Philippine Navy Officer, reaching the rank of Navy Captain (full colonel in the Army).
- Four years as Professor in the Master in Business Administration Program of the University of the Philippines.
- Four years as Professor of Management in the Asian Institute of Management.
Roilo Golez has extensive experience in corporate affairs, having served as Chief Executive Officer or Chief Operating Officer or Board Member in several major corporations in the field of shipbuilding, health products, fast foods, real estate, marketing, security equipment, telecommunications, banking, oil exploration and insurance.
- Metro winners known, proclaimed early after first automated polls, Manila Bulletin Publishing Corporation, posted May 11, 2010 
- Member Information, Philippine House of Representatives Official Website 
- Under Article 10, Section 8 of the 1987 Constitution of the Philippines, locally-elected officials (including members of the House of Representatives) may run up to three consecutive terms.
- See Congressman Golez's Education background in his Official Website
- See Congressman Golez's Resume in his Official Website
- Congressman Golez's achievements in Annapolis
- Congressman Golez's post-graduate education at University of the Philippines.
- See Congressman Golez's career summary at his Official Website
- "16 Solons Cited For Perfect Attendance", Manila Bulletin Online, May 31, 2006
- "Proclamation, Roilo Golez, Congressman, 11 May 2010", , May 11, 2010
- Committee Chairmanships, Philippine House of Representatives Official Website 
- See Congressman Golez's leadership and corporate experience
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Roilo Golez.|
|House of Representatives of the Philippines|
|Representative, 2nd District of Parañaque City
2004 – present
|Representative, Lone District of Parañaque City