|Born||11 December 1945
Roland Bruce Harvey (11 December 1945) is an Australian children's illustrator, and author. He is best known as an illustrator of children's books using pen, ink and watercolour.
His works have been described as 'witty slapstick style' and 'characteristic humorous and detailed illustrations'.
Roland Harvey is a former architect who established Roland Harvey Studios, an illustration and design firm in 1978, which produces greeting cards, posters and stationery with a distinctive Australian flavour.
In 1981 he expanded his business by establishing his own book publishing company Five Mile Press. His children's book division, Roland Harvey Books, aims to publish books that raise awareness of issues, concepts and ideas as well as entertain readers. Harvey has written picture books and humorous historical works for young children.
List of works 
Children's stories 
- Eureka Stockade (1981) Author: Alan Boardman
- The First Fleet (1982) Author: Alan Boardman
- The Friends of Emily Culpepper (1983) Author: Ann Coleridge
- Burke and Wills (1985) Author: David Greagg
- My Place in Space (1988) with Joe Levine. Authors: Robin and Sally Hirst
- Milly Fitzwilly's Mousecatcher (1991) Author: Marcia Vaughan
- Islands in My Garden (1998) Author: Jim Howes
- Sick As - Bloody Moments in the History of Medicine (2000)
- At the Beach: Postcards from Crabby Spit (2004)
- In the Bush : Our Holiday at Wombat Flat (2005)
- In the City : Our Scrapbook of Souvenirs (2007)
- Belvedere Dreaming (2002) Author: Kate Ryan
- Belvedere in the City (2002) Author: Kate Ryan
- Belvedere Is Beached (2002) Author: Kate Ryan
- Climbing Mount Sugarbin: Aussie Bites (2003)
- Islands in my Garden (2002)
- The Secret Record of Me (2007)
- Roland Harvey's Big Book of Christmas (2008)
- Saving Mr Pinto (2008) Author: Alison Lester
- The Shadow Brumby (2007) Author: Alison Lester
- Circus Pony (2007) Author: Alison Lester
- Racing the Tide (2007) Author: Alison Lester
My Place in Space, named an Honour Book in the Children's Book Council of Australia Book of the Year Awards, and The Friends of Emily Culpepper, commended in the same awards. Burke and Wills, part of Harvey's unique Australian history series, won the Clifton Pugh Award for illustration, and Islands in My Garden won the 1999 Wilderness Society Environment Award. One recent book, Sick As: Bloody Moments in the History of Medicine, was shortlisted for the 2001 Children's Book Council of Australia Eve Pownall Award for Information Books.
Further reading