The SP-404 features:
- 12 large pads, three control knobs, a display, similar operation as the Roland SP-303
- 29 effects, including Subsonic, BPM Looper, among others
- Built-in microphone for sampling
- CD-quality sound
- Expanded sampling time
- 12-voice polyphony
- Realtime loop recording
- Sample-editing tools
- Import/export WAV/AIF via CF card slot
- Runs on battery or AC power
A number of musicians have used either the SP-303 or the SP-404 as part of their production and performance.
These include Jel, Odd Nosdam, Alias, J Dilla, Madlib, MF Doom, Jneiro Jarel, Flying Lotus, James Blake, Samiyam, Ras G, Teebs, Grimes, Four Tet, Beck Hansen, Bradford Cox of Deerhunter and Atlas Sound, Radiohead, Animal Collective, Spindrift, Toro y Moi, Broadcast, John Maus, Ellie Goulding, El Guincho, Illmind, Dibia$e, Jim James of My Morning Jacket, Oneohtrix Point Never (Daniel Lopatin), Matt Mondanile of Ducktails and many others.
|This product article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|