The SP-404 features:
- 12 large pads, three control knobs, a display, similar operation as the Roland SP-303
- 29 effects, including Subsonic, BPM Looper, among others
- Built-in microphone for sampling
- CD-quality sound
- Expanded sampling time
- 12-voice polyphony
- Realtime loop recording
- Sample-editing tools
- Import/export WAV/AIF via SD card slot
- Runs on battery or AC power
A number of musicians have used either the SP-303 or the SP-404 as part of their production and performance.
These include Jel, Odd Nosdam, Alias, J Dilla, Madlib, MF Doom, Jneiro Jarel, Flying Lotus, James Blake, Samiyam, Ras G, Teebs, Grimes, Four Tet, Beck Hansen, Bradford Cox of Deerhunter and Atlas Sound, Radiohead, Animal Collective, Broadcast, John Maus, Ellie Goulding, El Guincho, Illmind, Dibia$e, Jim James of My Morning Jacket and many others.
|This product article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|