2 December 1918|
|Died||23 August 1943
|Years of service||1936–1943|
|Commands held||III./Grenadier-Regiment 569|
|Awards||Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves|
Rolf Rocholl (2 December 1918 – 23 August 1943) was a highly decorated Hauptmann in the Wehrmacht during World War II. He was also a recipient of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves. The Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross and its higher grade Oak Leaves was awarded to recognise extreme battlefield bravery or successful military leadership. Rolf Rocholl was killed on 23 August 1943 near Izium, Ukraine. He was posthumously awarded the Oak Leaves to his Knight's Cross on 31 August 1943.
Awards and decorations 
- Iron Cross (1939)
- 2nd Class (16 October 1939)
- 1st Class (11 November 1940)
- Panzer Badge in Silver
- German Cross in Gold (25 March 1942)
- Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves
- Ärmelband Afrika
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 293.
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 62.
- Fellgiebel, Walther-Peer (2000). Die Träger des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939-1945. Friedburg, Germany: Podzun-Pallas. ISBN 3-7909-0284-5.
- Scherzer, Veit (2007). Ritterkreuzträger 1939–1945 Die Inhaber des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939 von Heer, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm sowie mit Deutschland verbündeter Streitkräfte nach den Unterlagen des Bundesarchives (in German). Jena, Germany: Scherzers Miltaer-Verlag. ISBN 978-3-938845-17-2.