Roller Derby World Cup
|Roller Derby World Cup|
|Format||Group stage then knockout|
The Roller Derby World Cup is an international women's roller derby tournament organized by Blood & Thunder magazine. Teams of amateur skaters from around the world compete for their respective nations.
The inaugural 2011 Roller Derby World Cup was hosted by Toronto Roller Derby, and was held December 1 through 4, 2011, at The Bunker at Downsview Park in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. It was won by Team USA, who beat Team Canada by a score of 336 points to 33 in the final.
- "Blood & Thunder Roller Derby World Cup 2011". Blood & Thunder Magazine. Retrieved 8 August 2011.
- "Blood & Thunder Roller Derby World Cup hosted by Toronto Roller Derby". Blood & Thunder Magazine. Retrieved 30 October 2011.
- Yuen, Jenny (20 February 2011). "Roller Derby attracts a crowd". Toronto Sun. Retrieved 8 August 2011.
- "U.S. pummels Canada to win roller derby title". Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. 4 December 2011. Retrieved 7 December 2011.
- "Dallas to Host 2014 Roller Derby World Cup". Derby News Network. 10 June 2013. Retrieved 13 June 2013.
- "DNN Live Coverage: Blood & Thunder World Cup". Derby News Network. Retrieved 26 November 2011.