Born in 1868, the son of an army doctor, he was educated at Clifton and Emmanuel College, Cambridge. Ordained in 1894, his first posts were curacies at St Michael, Bishop Wearmouth and St Agnes, Bristol, where he later became Vicar. From 1904 to 1910 he was an SPG Missionary in Mandalay when he was elevated to the Episcopate, serving for 18 years. Afterwards he became Vicar of Westfield, East Sussex. He died on 3 April 1964.
- National Church Institutions Database of Manuscripts and Archives
- New Bishop Of RangoonThe Times Thursday, Oct 14, 1909; pg. 11; Issue 39090; col C
- "Fyffe, Rollestone Sterrit (FF887RS)". A Cambridge Alumni Database. University of Cambridge.
- The Times, Friday, Jan 17, 1896; pg. 6; Issue 34789; col A University Intelligence. Cambridge
- "The Clergy List, Clerical Guide and Ecclesiastical Directory" London, John Phillips, 1900
- National Archives
- The Straits Times
- Obituary Bishop Fyffe The Times Wednesday, Apr 08, 1964; pg. 17; Issue 55980; col A
|Church of England titles|
Arthur Mesac Knight
|Bishop of Rangoon
1910 – 1928
Norman Henry Tubbs