|Member of the Colorado Senate
from the 18th district
January 7, 2009
|Preceded by||Ron Tupa|
December 28, 1937 |
Stratton Rollins "Rollie" Heath, Jr. (born December 28, 1937) is a state legislator in the U.S. state of Colorado. Elected to the Colorado State Senate as a Democrat in 2008, Heath represents Senate District 18, which encompasses Boulder, Colorado and portions of Boulder County.
 Political career
 Legislative career
 2008 election
Heath faced University of Colorado Regent Cindy Carlisle in the August 12, 18th District Democratic Primary, defeating her 56% to 44%.
 2009 legislative session
For the 2009 session of the Colorado General Assembly, Heath was named to seats on the Senate Business, Labor, and Technology Committee, the Senate Education Committee, and the Senate Finance Committee.
In November 2008, Heath was named to a special legislative Committee on Job Creation and Economic Growth, tasked with developing recommendations on bolstering Colorado's economy before the 2009 legislative session. Health has sponsored legislation to re-instate the Colorado Credit Reserve program to assist small businesses in obtaining loans, and plans to sponsor legislation to provide matching funds to startup companies in the "clean energy" field.
- "Senate Journal - January 7, 2009" (pdf). Colorado General Assembly. Retrieved 2009-01-09.
- "State Senate District 18". COMaps. Retrieved 2008-11-09.
- Christian, Nichole M.; Cushman Jr, John H.; Day, Sherri; Dillon, Sam; Lewis, Neil A.; Pear, Robert; Pristin, Terry; Shenon, Philip et al. (2002-11-06). "The 2002 Elections: West; Colorado". The New York Times. Retrieved 2010-05-22.
- Editorial Board (23 October 2008). "The Post's picks for state Senate". Denver Post. Retrieved 2008-11-09.
- Norris, Wendy; Bob Spencer (3 November 2008). "State candidate endorsement watch". Colorado Independent. Retrieved 2008-11-07.
- Jensen, Erika (13 November 2008). "Senate Democrats Announce Committee Assignments". The Cherry Creek News. Retrieved 2008-11-24.[dead link]
- "Legislative Leaders Convene Committee On Job Creation & Economic Growth" (Press release). Colorado House Democrats. 20 November 2008.
- Mook, Bob (13 January 2009). "Bill to boost small-business loans reaches Senate". Denver Business Journal. Retrieved 2009-02-05.
- Sealover, Ed (30 December 2008). "Jobs will be legislature's job No. 1". Rocky Mountain News. Retrieved 2009-01-09.
|Party political offices|
|Democratic Nominee for Governor of Colorado