Rolta India Ltd
||This article appears to be written like an advertisement. (July 2013)|
|Type||Public company (BSE: 500366, NSE: ROLTA)|
|Key people||Kamal K Singh (Chairman & managing director)|
|Revenue||13728.1 million (US$220 million)|
|Net income||2930.9 million (US$47 million)|
Rolta is headquartered in Mumbai, India. Established in 1989, the company provides CAD, CAM, business intelligence and big data solutions, geospatial information system (GIS) solutions, EBusiness and related services. Rolta employs around 5000 workers and has a countrywide infrastructure and international subsidiaries across the globe. Rolta India Limited is ranked No. 12 in IT companies and overall ranked No. 365 in India in Fortune India 500 list in 2011. Forbes Global has ranked Rolta amongst the "Best 200 under a Billion" four times in six years while the company was included by Standard & Poor on their 2008 Global Challengers List, which identifies 300 mid-size companies worldwide with a total market capitalisation between US$1–5 Billion.
The company's subsidiaries include Rolta International Inc. (RUS), Rolta Middle East FZ Llc UAE (RME), Rolta Saudi Arabia Limited (RSA), Rolta UK Limited (RUK) and Rolta Thames Limited (RTL) while the company owns a 50% stake in Shaw Rolta Limited as of 30 June 2009, and acquired OneGIS, Inc. in April 2010. Rolta is also in partnership with Intergraph to market and support its software in India.
The company has various branches in various parts of India (Mumbai and Gurgaon) and Canada.
Services provided include geospatial engineering design such as plant design and mechanical design solutions and services, plant information management services and engineering design services for ship building and other applications, eSecurity services and solutions along with software development services such as high end games development and software testing. The company recently entered into a joint venture with French company Thales to establish Rolta Thales Ltd.
Rolta is listed on the Indian National Stock Exchange (NSE) in the cash and futures and options segments, and forms part of CNX IT, Nifty Midcap 50 and CNX 500 indices. The company is also listed on the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) 'A' group and forms part of the BSE Midcap, BSE 200, BSE 500, BSE IT and BSE TECk indices while its Global Depositary Receipts (GDRs) are listed on the Main Board of the London Stock Exchange and its foreign currency convertible bonds on the Singapore Stock Exchange. In April 2010, the company reported a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 17% between the 2009 and 2011 financial years.
- Consolidated Result:Scrip: 500366, ROLTA INDIA LTD. Bombay Stock Exchange
- About us rolta.com/
- "Rolta India limited [ROLINDs] History". Source2update.com. Retrieved 16 July 2010.
- Rolta India Limited Google Finance.
- Rolta India NDTV Profit.
- Rolta India: Buy Business Line, 18 April 2010.
- "Fortune India 500 complete list". Fortune Indis. Retrieved 18 December 2011.
- "Introduction" (PDF). Retrieved 16 July 2010.
- Intergraph Renews Partnership with Rolta Rolta India Limited to continue to offer Intergraph’s engineering and geospatially enabled software in thriving Indian market Intergraph Website, 14 April 2009.
- "Rolta India Ltd. (4492976): Company Description – BusinessWeek". Investing.businessweek.com. 28 June 2010. Retrieved 16 July 2010.
- "Rolta's revenues to grow 17% annually". DNA (newspaper). 19 April 2010. Retrieved 13 May 2010.