Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Tabora
||This article may be expanded with text translated from the corresponding article in the Italian Wikipedia. (February 2011)|
In the year 2004 it had 257.390 faithful among 1.426.998 people (18.0%), with 64 priests (43 diocesans and 21 religious) (1 per 4,021 Catholics, 32 brothers and 159 sisters in 22 parishes.
- January 11, 1887: Established as Apostolic Vicariate of Unianyembé from the Apostolic Vicariate of Tanganyika
- May 31, 1925: Promoted as Diocese of Tabora
- March 25, 1953: Promoted as Metropolitan Archdiocese of Tabora
The seat of the archbishop is St. Theresa’s Metropolitan Cathedral in Tabora.
- Metropolitan Archbishops of Tabora (Roman rite)
- Bishops of Tabora (Roman rite)
- Vicars Apostolic of Unianyembé (Roman rite)
- Bishop François Gerboin, M. Afr. (1897.01.28 – 1912.06.27)
- Catholic Hierarchy Information
- Tanzania Episcopal Conference
- Bolla Quemadmodum ad Nos, AAS 45 (1953), p. 705