The Latin Rite Roman Catholic Diocese of Christchurch is a suffragan diocese of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Wellington. Its cathedral and see city are located in Christchurch, the largest city in the South Island of New Zealand. It was formed on 5 May 1887 from a portion of the territory of the Diocese of Wellington, which was elevated to archdiocese later that same month.
Ordinaries of Christchurch
Cathedral and churches
St Mary's Catholic Church in Hokitika belongs to the diocese. Following a structural assessment triggered by the February 2011 Christchurch earthquake, the church was closed to the public in June 2012.
- Catholic Cathedral College, Christchurch
- John Paul II High School, Greymouth
- Marian College, Shirley, Christchurch
- Roncalli College, Timaru
- St Bede's College, Papanui, Christchurch
- St Thomas of Canterbury College, Riccarton, Christchurch
- Villa Maria College, Riccarton, Christchurch
Coordinates: 43°32′19″S 172°38′46″E / 43.53861°S 172.64611°E