Roman Catholic Diocese of Daet
|Diocese of Daet
Diyosesis ng Daet
|Area||2,200 km2 (850 sq mi)|
|(as of 2006)
|Sui iuris church||Latin Church|
|Established||May 27, 1974 (canonically erected on September 1, 1974)|
|Cathedral||Cathedral of the Most Holy Trinity|
|Patron saint||St Joseph the Worker|
|Bishop||Gilbert Armea Garcera, D.D.|
|Vicar General||Cezar M. Echano, Jr., P.C.|
|Emeritus Bishops||Benjamin J. Almoneda Bishop Emeritus (1991-2007)|
|Website of the Diocese|
- 1 Diocese of Daet
- 2 History
- 3 Vision statement
- 4 Mission statement
- 5 Ordinaries
- 6 Diocesan Curia and Ministry Heads
- 7 Vicariates (as of January 2014)
- 8 Seminary
- 9 Institute of Consecrated Life / Societies of Apostolic Life
- 10 See also
- 11 References
- 12 References
Diocese of Daet
The Diocese of Daet, with jurisdiction over the Province of Camarines Norte and suffragan to the Archdiocese of Caceres, was created on May 27, 1974 by Pope Paul VI. Most Rev. Celestino R. Enverga, D.D. as the first bishop of the Diocese. The current and 3rd Bishop of Daet is Most Rev. Gilbert A. Garcera, D.D.
On September 1, 1974, the Diocese of Daet was formally established along with the installation of its first bishop, Most Rev. Celestino Rojo Enverga, a native of Jose Panganiban, Camarines Norte. The Diocese of Daet was entrusted to the care of St. Joseph the Worker. 
Through the Apostolic Constitution “Requirit Maximopere,” Pope Paul VI separated Daet from the Archdiocese of Caceres, thereby creating Daet as a new Diocese which became a suffragan of the Archdiocese of Caceres.
Since the Augustinian missionaries Frays Diego de Espinar and Francisco Merino had established Christian communities in Paracale in 1571, it took 393 years for Camarines Norte, the land of gold and pineapple, to be erected as a diocese.
Ordained in 1706, Don Gregorio Cabalquinto from the town of Paracale was the first Bicolano priest.
The history of the diocese could be divided into three periods. The first period spans from 1974-1984.
According to Bishop Celestino Enverga, two years after the canonical erection in 1974, there was a diocesan house complex, a charity clinic, and a haven for homeless people discharged from hospitals. After four years the Most Holy trinity Cathedral was set up. There was a public library; a diocesan museum, a printing press, and statues,
The first decade of the diocese had given birth to three parishes: the Parish of St. Roch, Batobalani in May 31, 1976; the Parish of San Lorenzo Ruiz in July 2, 1983; and the Parish of St. Nicholas of Tolentino, Colasi in July 23, 1983.
The first decade was characterized by construction of structures: the first phase of the Diocesan House was completed in 1977 and the Holy Trinity Cathedral was ready for its dedication by September 1, 1984.
The second period runs from 1985-1994, starting with the foundation by Bishop Enverga of the Religious Order of Kolbean Sisters.
On October 16, 1990, the Diocese of Daet became a vacant see (sede vacante) because of death of Bishop Enverga. Bishop Almoneda, then the Auxiliary Bishop of the Diocese of Daet, became the Diocesan Administrator, and on July 6, 1991 he became the second Bishop of the Diocese of Daet.
Bishop Celestino Enverga died in 1990 and Bishop Benjamin J. Almoneda was appointed as the second bishop of Daet in 1991
The nine barangays from the Diocese of Gumaca were annexed to the Parish of Sta. Elena; the Parish of the Most Holy Trinity was established in 1991, the Vision-Mission Statement of the diocese was formulated in 1991; the Holy Trinity Preparatory Seminary, the first seminary in the diocese, was opened in 1992, the first Diocesan Pastoral Assembly was held in 1992; the Bishop Enverga and the Carillon Halls were inaugurated in 1993; and the Second General Pastoral Assembly was convened in 1994.
Bishop Almoneda prioritized catechesis among his pastoral program. Three years after he took office, the Mater Vitae Catechetical Center was inaugurated in 1994.
In the second decade of the diocese the focus shifted from structures to evangelization, reaching its apex in the First Diocesan Synod of Daet.
In the decade from 1995 to 2004 the First Diocesan Synod of Daet was held.
New parishes were set up: the Parishes of St. James the Great of Calabaca, Capalonga, Our Lady of Good Voyage of Calaguas, St. Philip of San Felipe of Basud, Holy Family of Talobatib, Our Lady of All Nations of Tabugon, the Chaplaincy of St. Roch of Tabas, the Quasi Parish of the Divine Mercy and the Parish of San Lorenzo, the Deacon. SPACFI was inaugurated in this period.
To accommodate the increasing number of priestly vocations, in 1997 Bishop Benjamin Almoneda started the Holy Trinity College Seminary project; construction of the seminary compound started in 1999, and took about six years.
Bishop Nestor Carino was appointed Auxiliary Bishop of Daet in 2003.
After parish consultations from 2001-2002, the Synodal sessions were held from 2002-2003. The decrees of the synod were promulgated in January 2004, a common pastoral direction of the diocese was defined, and the pastoral program for the next five years defined.
From fourteen parishes and three vicariates in 1974 the diocese grew to 24 canonically erected parishes, 5 quasi-parishes plus one chaplaincy and five vicariates, with concomitant personnel increases.
On December 2004 the Pearl Jubille Celebration started by launching the MSK in Labo; on April 11, 2005, on the occasion of the 75th Birth Anniversary of Bishop Almoneda, the Our Lady of Gudalupe Chapel was dedicated; in May 2005 the diocesan catechetical Day was celebrated; on May 28, the Pearl Jubilee Santacruzan was held.
A community of disciples of Jesus Christ rooted in the Word of God, guided by the Magisterium and nourished by the Eucharist and the other Sacraments, responding to the signes of the times, promoting Love, Freedom, Justice and Peace and committed to the attainment of Salvation through total human development.
To attain this vision, we, the people of God of the Dioceses of Daet, responding to the call of the Holy Spirit, commit ourselves to become a discerning, witnessing, caring and self-relying community of disciples through;
a) renewed evangelization, catechesis and education, b) meaningful, participative and indigenous Liturgy, c) deepening of Spirituality, d) programs and projects of Social Action- Justice and Peace e) formation of Basic Ecclesial Communities and Pastoral Councils, f) integration and re- orientation of formerly mandated organizations, g) youth formation, participation and involvement, and h) promotion of responsible politics especially through the formation of conscience
|Most Rev. Celestino R. Enverga, D.D.||May 27, 1974 – October 16, 1990|
|Most Rev. Benjamin J. Almoneda, D.D.||June 7, 1991 – April 4, 2007|
|Most Rev. Gilbert A. Garcera, D.D.||April 4, 2007 – Present|
Diocesan Curia and Ministry Heads
- Vicar General – Very Rev. Msgr. Cezar M. Echano, Jr., P.C.
- Chancellor – Rev. Fr. Ronald Anthony P. Timoner
- Episcopal Vicar of the Clergy - Rev. Fr. Augusto Jesus B. Angeles III
- Episcopal Vicar of the Laity - Rev. Msgr. Romeo A. Violeta, P.C.
- Judicial Vicar - Rev. Msgr. Joselito C. Asis, J.C.D.
- Oeconomus - Rev. Fr. Cirilo Edgar V. Eboña, Ph.D.
- Ministry on Prayer - Rev. Fr. Nestor M. Abog, Jr., CRM
- Ministry on Liturgy - Rev. Fr. Rowel Jose P. Abanto
- Ministry on Faith Formation - Rev. Fr. Philip R. Ibasco
- Ministry on Social Services - Rev. Fr. Edwin M. Visda
- Ministry on Stewardship - Rev. Fr. Julito L. Heraldo
- Ministry for the Family - Rev. Fr. Angelito N. de Torres
- Ministry for the Clergy, Religious and Seminarians - Rev. Fr. Augusto Jesus B. Angeles III
- Ministry for the Youth - Rev. Fr. Armando L. Orido
Vicariates (as of January 2014)
Vicariate of St. Raphael - Basud, Camarines Norte
- St. Raphael the Archangel Parish – Basud, Camarines Norte 4608
- St. Philip the Apostle Parish – San Felipe, Basud, Camarines Norte 4608
- St. Nicholas de Tolentino Parish – Colasi, Mercedes, Camarines Norte 4601
- San Lorenzo Ruiz de Manila Parish – San Lorenzo Ruiz, Camarines Norte 4610
- Our Mother of Perpetual Help Quasi-Parish – Taisan, Basud, Camarines Norte 4608
- St. Isidore Labrador Quasi-Parish – Manguisoc, Mercedes, Camarines Norte 4601
- St. Anthony of Padua Parish-Shrine – Mercedes, Camarines Norte 4601
Vicariate of St. John the Baptist - Daet, Camarines Norte
- Parroquia de San Juan Bautista – Daet [South], Camarines Norte 4600
- St. Joseph, Husband of Mary Parish – Daet [North], Camarines Norte 4600
- Divine Mercy Parish – Alawihao, Daet, Camarines Norte 4600
- Our Lady of Peñafrancia Parish – Moreno, Daet, Camarines Norte 4600
- Holy Trinity Cathedral – Gahonon, Daet, Camarines Norte 4600
Vicariate of St. John the Apostle - Labo, Camarines Norte
- St. John the Evangelist Parish – Labo, Camarines Norte 4604
- St. Cajetan Parish – Tulay na Lupa, Labo, Camarines Norte 4604 (administered by the Missionaries of Faith)
- Holy Family Quasi-Parish – Talobatib, Labo, Camarines Norte 4604
Vicariate of St. Peter the Apostle - Vinzons, Camarines Norte
- Parroquia de San Pedro Apostol – Vinzons, Camarines Norte 4603
- Our Lady of Peace and Good Voyage Parish – Calaguas, Vinzons, Camarines Norte 4603 (administered by the Society of Our Lady of the Most Holy Trinity)
- Our Lady of Fatima Shrine – Mangcauayan, Vinzons, Camarines Norte 4603
- St. Paul the Apostle Quasi-Parish – Sabang, Vinzons, Camarines Norte 4603
- St. Vincent Ferrer Parish – San Vicente, Camarines Norte 4609 (administered by the Piarist Fathers)
- St. Francis of Assisi Parish – Talisay, Camarines Norte 4602
Vicariate of Our Lady of Candelaria - Paracale, Camarines Norte
- Parroquia de Nuestra Señora de Candelaria – Paracale, Camarines Norte 4605
- Our Lady of the Most Holy Rosary Parish – Jose Panganiban, Camarines Norte 4606
- St. Roch Parish – Larap, Jose Panganiban, Camarines Norte 4606
- St. Roche Parish – Batobalani, Paracale, Camarines Norte 4605
- St. Roque Parish – Tabas, Paracale, Camarines Norte 4605
Vicariate of St. Lucy - Capalonga, Camarines Norte
- St. Lucy, Virgin and Martyr Parish – Capalonga, Camarines Norte 4607
- Jesus the Nazarene Diocesan Shrine – Capalonga, Camarines Norte 4607
- St. James the Apostle Parish – Calabaca, Capalonga, Camarines Norte 4607
- St. Didachus of Alcala Parish – Bagong Silang, Labo, Camarines Norte 4604
Vicariate of St. Helena - Santa Elena, Camarines Norte
- St. Helena the Empress Parish – Santa Elena, Camarines Norte 4611
- St. Lawrence the Deacon Parish – Lower Minasag, Sta. Elena, Camarines Norte 4611
- The Visitation of Mary Parish – Tabugon, Sta. Elena, Camarines Norte 4611
- Holy Trinity College Seminary
- Maharlika Highway, Bautista, Labo, Camarines Norte 4604
Institute of Consecrated Life / Societies of Apostolic Life
- Augustinian Sisters of Our Lady of Consolation (OSA)
- Little Brethren of Mary Sisters
- Augustinian Missionary of the Philippines (AMP)
- Oblates Sisters of the Immaculate Heart of Mary (OIHM)
- Poor Daughters of the Crowned Virgin, Perpetual Adorers of the Sacred Heart of Jesus
- Congregation of the Immaculate Conception of Castres (CICC)
- Franciscan Sisters of the Incarnate Word (FSIW)
- Daughters of Mary, Mother of the Church (DM)
- Missionary of Faith (MF)
- Clerics Regular Minor (Adorno Fathers), (CRM)
- Order of the Pious School (Piarist Fathers), (SchP)
- Society of Our Lady of the Most Holy Trinity (SOLT)
- La Consolacion College (F-1948)
- Daet, Camarines Norte 4600
- St. Francis Parochial School (F-1966)
- Talisay, Camarines Norte 4602
- Capalonga Parochial School (F-1964)
- Capalonga, Camarines Norte 4607
- CWL Learning Center (F-1968)
- Paracale, 4605 Camarines Norte
- Apostolic Care Center (F-1977)
- Labo. 4604 Camarines Norte
- Ave Maria Child Center (F-1990)
- Jose Panganiban, 4606 Camarines Norte
- St. Raphael Kindergarten School (F-1987)
- Basud, 4608 Camarines Norte
- St. John The Apostle Academy (F-1961)
- Villaflores St., Labo, 4604 Camarines Norte
- San Vicente Parochial School
- San Vicente, Camarines Norte
- Larap Kindergarten
- Larap, J. Panganiban, Camarines Norte
- Saint Roche Children Center
- Batobalani, Paracale, Camarines Norte