Roman Catholic Diocese of Huarí
|Diocese of Huarí
|Area||23,000 km2 (8,900 sq mi)|
|(as of 2004)
|Established||15 May 1958 (55 years ago)|
|Bishop||Ivo Baldi Gaburri|
|Emeritus Bishops||Dante Frasnelli Tarter, O.S.I.|
The Roman Catholic Diocese of Huarí (Latin: Dioecesis Huariensis) is a diocese of the Latin Rite of the Roman Catholic Church in Peru. Erected as a Territorial Prelature in 1958, elevation to a full diocese occurred on April 2008. The new diocese is a suffragan of the Archdiocese of Trujillo.
The current bishop is Ivo Baldi Gaburri, appointed in Feb. 2004.
On 15 May 1958 Pope Pius XII established the Territorial Prelature of Huarí with territory taken from the Huánuco and the Diocese of Huaraz. It was elevated to a diocese by Pope Benedict XVI on 2 April 2008.
- Marco Libardoni, O.S.I. † (15 May 1958 - 25 Oct 1966)
- Dante Frasnelli Tarter, O.S.I. (3 Aug 1967 - 13 Jun 2001)
- Antonio Santarsiero Rosa, O.S.I. (13 Jun 2001 - 4 Feb 2004) Appointed, Bishop of Huacho
- Ivo Baldi Gaburri (4 Feb 2004 - present)
- "Vicariate Apostolic of Huarí". Catholic Hierarchy. Retrieved 2013-04-18.
- "Apostolic Vicariate of Huarí". GCatholic.org. Retrieved 2013-04-18.
|This article on a Roman Catholic diocese in Peru is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|