Roman Catholic Diocese of Kole
|Diocese of Kole
|Country||Democratic Republic of the Congo|
|Area||66,000 km2 (25,000 sq mi)|
|(as of 2002)
The Roman Catholic Diocese of Kole (Latin: Kolen(sis)) is a diocese located in the city of Kole in the Ecclesiastical province of Kananga in the Democratic Republic of the Congo. It is coterminous with the Territoires ("counties") of Kole, Dekese and Lomela.
- June 14, 1951: Established as Apostolic Prefecture of Kole from the Apostolic Vicariate of Léopoldville
- September 14, 1967: Promoted as Diocese of Kole
- October 2007: Bishop Stanislas Lukumwena left Kole under duress due to inter-tribal animosity. As of December 2008, he has not returned.
- Bishops of Kole (Latin Rite)
- Prefects Apostolic of Kole (Latin Rite)
- Bishop Victor Van Beurden, SS.CC. (1951.06.22 – 1967.09.14)
|This article about a Roman Catholic diocese in the Democratic Republic of the Congo is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|